Our mission is to enable charitable individuals and organizations to become meaningful donors by providing trusted support and expertise for their contributions to make a difference in our community, now and forever.
Our values. We support our local community through:
- Excellent in achieving the highest standard in all aspects of the organization
- Stewardship by ensuring the planned legacy of donors through sound financial management
- Strategic partnerships to understand and address the needs of individuals and organizations in our region.
Diversity Statement. We believe that the diversity of our community is a fundamental strength of our region. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan reflects the community’s diversity through its staff, volunteers, grantees, donors, partners, and vendors. Achieving diversity requires an enduring commitment to inclusion that finds full expression in our organizational culture, values, norms, and behaviors. Throughout our work, we support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing but not limited to age, disability status, economic circumstance, skill sets, profession/occupation, political affiliation, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. Our vision is a thriving community in which all residents enjoy a high quality of life and opportunities for a better future in a prosperous and inclusive community.
Our Signature Event Raising Funds For AVM Research
Lunch and Dinner
Silent Auction, Raffles and Short Program
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Professional Advisors Council will host an educational seminar and networking event for accountants, attorneys, financial advisors, and insurance representatives on May 9, 2017. The seminar will feature speakers from the NY State Attorney General’s Office and the NY State Office of Taxation & Finance. It will run from 4:30-7:30 p.m., in the Larkin Conference Room, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Montgomery, NY.
Pending approval, the seminar will offer two Continuing Legal Education or Continuing Professional Education credits for attorneys and accountants.
Sandra Giorno-Tocco, from the Attorney General’s office will talk about “The Role of the Attorney General in Detecting and Investigating Fraud, Embezzlement, and Diversion of Charitable Assets.” Afterwards, Mwisa Chisunka will provide an Inside Look at the NY State Tax Office, and provide a detailed discussion on estate taxes.
The event includes a buffet dinner. The cost is $35 for members of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and $40 for non-members. Full and partial scholarships, based on need, are available. To register online visit http://cfosny.org/event, or call Sarah at (845) 769-9393.
This seminar is sponsored by Goldstein, Karlewicz & Goldstein LLP; Orange County Bank & Trust; Blustein, Shapiro, Rich & Barone Attorneys at Law; Judelson, Giordano & Siegel, CPA, PC; and The Misner Agency, Inc. co-Sponsors include the Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Women’s Bar Association of Orange & Sullivan Counties, a chapter of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of NY.
Hudson Valley Gives is a day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Hudson Valley Gives is an initiative of Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Visit the event website for more details.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY. This is our Annual Board Retreat and more details will follow.
Tickets are $45 per person
All proceeds go directly to Marcello’s Miracle Foundation
*Donations are tax deductible
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
- Zylofone Performing Arts Center for Special Needs Establishes Agency Endowment Fund
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces Available Grants
- Fiscal Sponsorship Awarded to Goshen Art League
- Famed Local Blues Musician to be Remembered, New Fund Established at CFOS to Award Grants & Scholarships in Memory of Bill Perry
- Make a Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2016
- Make a Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2016