Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
College students Mallory Anderson and Haleigh Massa are charting a new path — as activists and fundraisers. Motivated by the tragic loss of a high school friend, they have started a charitable fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, making them the Foundation’s youngest fund representatives to date, and proving you do not have to be a millionaire to realize your charitable dreams and make a difference in your community.
These two inspiring girls — Anderson, 21, and Massa, 19 — created the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund in memory of Antonio Baglivo, a football player for the Goshen High School Gladiators who passed away at the young age of 16, along with two other teens, in a driver’s education car accident in nearby Warwick, NY.
Mallory and Haleigh established this fund to celebrate their friend’s life and ensure that his legacy lives on, now and forever. They are eager to grow their fund and give back to students. They have an ambitious goal to raise $25,000 within five years and are actively soliciting donations and selling T-shirts.
Beginning this year, Antonio’s graduating year, the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund will distribute a scholarship to a graduating senior of Goshen High School who, like Antonio, is a member of the football team and exhibits selflessness. Students interested in applying should see their guidance counselor.
Contributions to the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund may be made to CFOS-Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/scholarships/antonio-baglivo-memorial-scholarship-fund. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
Registration begins at 8:30 AM
The tournament will be followed by a BBQ lunch.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Distribution Committee Members ONLY.
New this year!
By invitation only.
In honor of the 2017 scholarship recipients, their families and all donors who made these scholarships possible, we welcome you to attend one or both of this year’s receptions.
Light refreshments will be served.
RSVP by Monday, July 10
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY. The 2017 Scholarship Reception will immediately follow this meeting at 5:00PM.
This event is by invite ONLY. For more information please contact the Event Organizer listed.
Red Sox vs Yankees
August 12, 2017, Saturday 4:05 PM
Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York
11:30 am Depart Liberty Darbee Lane Parking Lot
Pickups in Monticello, Rock Hill, Wurtsboro, Circleville & Monroe
2:00 pm Arrive at Yankee Stadium
4:05 pm PLAY BALL – Red Sox vs Yankees
*7:30 pm Depart Yankee Stadium
10:30 pm Return to Liberty
*Itinerary subject to change depending on when game ends and traffic volume
All packages include: R/T Motor Coach, ticket to game, CD Trips
snack pack, CD Trips onboard guide, feature movie, games &
giveaways, bus driver gratuity and lots of fun. Optional Last Licks
Boxed Lunch (Add $12).
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
- Zylofone Performing Arts Center for Special Needs Establishes Agency Endowment Fund
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces Available Grants
- Fiscal Sponsorship Awarded to Goshen Art League
- Famed Local Blues Musician to be Remembered, New Fund Established at CFOS to Award Grants & Scholarships in Memory of Bill Perry