Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
College students Mallory Anderson and Haleigh Massa are charting a new path — as activists and fundraisers. Motivated by the tragic loss of a high school friend, they have started a charitable fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, making them the Foundation’s youngest fund representatives to date, and proving you do not have to be a millionaire to realize your charitable dreams and make a difference in your community.
These two inspiring girls — Anderson, 21, and Massa, 19 — created the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund in memory of Antonio Baglivo, a football player for the Goshen High School Gladiators who passed away at the young age of 16, along with two other teens, in a driver’s education car accident in nearby Warwick, NY.
Mallory and Haleigh established this fund to celebrate their friend’s life and ensure that his legacy lives on, now and forever. They are eager to grow their fund and give back to students. They have an ambitious goal to raise $25,000 within five years and are actively soliciting donations and selling T-shirts.
Beginning this year, Antonio’s graduating year, the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund will distribute a scholarship to a graduating senior of Goshen High School who, like Antonio, is a member of the football team and exhibits selflessness. Students interested in applying should see their guidance counselor.
Contributions to the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund may be made to CFOS-Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/scholarships/antonio-baglivo-memorial-scholarship-fund. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties