Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
Over 100 people gathered at West Hills Country Club on February 15 for the Community Foundation’s Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event to celebrate William “Bill” J. Bratton, Jr. and honor him with the 2017 Karen Minogue Award for Distinguished Service. In its second year, this award is given to those who go above and beyond in giving back, not just to their community, but to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan (CFOS). Bill’s many contributions greatly surpass the typical norm of giving back, and he is an example for many.
Bill joined the Community Foundation family as a fund representative in 2002 when he and his wife, Mary, established the Michelle Renee Bratton Memorial Scholarship Fund in memory of their late daughter who perished in the tragic event of 9/11. This scholarship is awarded to a graduating student from Pine Bush High School, with preference given to a candidate who will attend a four-year SUNY college or university, is a member of the National Honor Society and a member of the women’s swimming and diving team and/or a member of chorus. The scholarship fund has awarded over $37,000 to students since its inception.
“Bill’s commitment to community service and the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Counties is an example for others to follow,” said Community Foundation Chairman Josh Sommers. “Whether he quietly supports needy families during the holidays or gives worthy Pine Bush High School students scholarship opportunities through our Michelle Renee Bratton Memorial Scholarship Fund, he understands the importance of giving back and helping others.”
In 2003, Bill joined the Community Foundation Board of Directors and continues to serve as an active director. He has been a vital member of the board, serving as Vice President of Finance as well as Vice President of Distribution. Bill and Mary are both loyal supporters of the CFOS President’s Circle and Annual Reception, boasting a level of sponsorship as well as journal advertiser and attendee.
Bill is an invaluable asset to the Community Foundation and has been a loyal ambassador for our cause of connecting people who care with causes that matter. He has referred dozens of people to the Foundation, been featured in marketing videos, written collateral and has always willing to speak on the Foundation’s behalf. A more selfless and exceptional recipient cannot been found. The Community Foundation thanks Bill for his years of extraordinary service.
To make a donation to the Michelle Renee Bratton Memorial Scholarship Fund, click here.
This event is closed for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
Illuminate Goshen’s 3rd Annual NYE Ball Drop
On The Village Green & South Church Street between Main Street and Park Place
Food, Sweets and Refreshment Vendors on site!
Family Fun Activities 7pm – 9pm
Face Painting, Balloon Animals, Magic Show, Princess Belle and more!
Early to Bed Ball Drop @ 9:00pm
9pm – Midnight
Live Music from The Hype
Cornhole Tournament, Selfie Station and more!
Ball Drop @ Midnight
$250 Photo Booth
$500 NYE Novelties
Sponsorship’s include company logo at event, mention on social media and verbal recognition at event.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients