Greenleaf Legacy Society
Your planned gift to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan will have meaning and impact for years to come. We honor those who have made a lasting commitment to our community by choosing to support the charitable goals of the Foundation through planned giving.
Those who remember the foundation through a will, trust, designation or other planned gift, are invited to join in the community foundation’s Greenleaf Legacy Society*, recognizing this special form of lasting philanthropy.
Involvement in the Greenleaf Legacy Society gives you the opportunity to enjoy the company of others who, like yourself, care about leaving a legacy to protect and strengthen this community. Members are recognized in community foundation publications and at events such as our Annual Reception and other exclusive events for legacy members.
You may always choose to remain anonymous in your philanthropy with the Community Foundation. However, participation in the Greenleaf Legacy Society can be an inspirational experience, and may encourage others to look toward the future and how they too may have an enduring impact on the causes they care about.
How does the Legacy Society work?
- Establish – Donors can include a gift to the Community Foundation in their estate plans.
- Notify – Donors notify the Community Foundation of their plans and automatically become members of the Legacy Society.
- Join – Donors join the network of other Legacy Society members and receive special recognition.
*The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan was two years old when it received its first major donation – a planned gift from the estate of Oscar B. Greenleaf in 2002. Mr. Greenleaf was an ordinary person with extraordinary goals: to live life to the fullest, and to give so that others could learn. His goodwill lives on forever because of his gift to the Community Foundation. To honor that caring legacy, the Community Foundation created the Greenleaf Legacy Society which recognizes those donors who have included the Community Foundation in their estate plans or have created a life income gift to the Foundation. In good times and bad, these gifts will continue to benefit the community in perpetuity.
Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is not engaged in rendering legal, financial, or tax advice. Information in our publications and on our website is provided as a service to provide general information about charitable giving. Please consult your financial or legal advisor.
Registration begins at 8:30 AM
The tournament will be followed by a BBQ lunch.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Distribution Committee Members ONLY.
New this year!
By invitation only.
In honor of the 2017 scholarship recipients, their families and all donors who made these scholarships possible, we welcome you to attend one or both of this year’s receptions.
Light refreshments will be served.
RSVP by Monday, July 10
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY. The 2017 Scholarship Reception will immediately follow this meeting at 5:00PM.
This event is by invite ONLY. For more information please contact the Event Organizer listed.
Red Sox vs Yankees
August 12, 2017, Saturday 4:05 PM
Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York
11:30 am Depart Liberty Darbee Lane Parking Lot
Pickups in Monticello, Rock Hill, Wurtsboro, Circleville & Monroe
2:00 pm Arrive at Yankee Stadium
4:05 pm PLAY BALL – Red Sox vs Yankees
*7:30 pm Depart Yankee Stadium
10:30 pm Return to Liberty
*Itinerary subject to change depending on when game ends and traffic volume
All packages include: R/T Motor Coach, ticket to game, CD Trips
snack pack, CD Trips onboard guide, feature movie, games &
giveaways, bus driver gratuity and lots of fun. Optional Last Licks
Boxed Lunch (Add $12).
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
- Zylofone Performing Arts Center for Special Needs Establishes Agency Endowment Fund
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces Available Grants
- Fiscal Sponsorship Awarded to Goshen Art League
- Famed Local Blues Musician to be Remembered, New Fund Established at CFOS to Award Grants & Scholarships in Memory of Bill Perry