Created by the forward-thinking boards of each agency represented below, agency endowment funds are established to create a vehicle for immediate and planned gifts that will support their programs, operations and provide for their long-term sustainability. Gifts of cash, bequests, real estate, securities, life insurance, retirement assets, and tangible assets to these funds are encouraged and welcomed by the agencies listed below.
- Access: Supports for Living Foundation, Inc. Fund
- Allegro Orchestra Fund
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County Fund
- Bill Devitt’s Dream For Inspire
- Chester Historical Society Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Operating Fund
- Congregation Agudas Achim Endowment Fund
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Orange County
- Crystal Run Village Foundation Endowment Fund
- Dispute Resolution Center Fund
- Firefighters Burn Fund (Firefighters Burn Treatment Fund Inc. of Orange Ulster and Sullivan)
- Friends of Hill Hold Museum Fund
- Great Futures Fund
- Greater Newburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Historical Society of Newburgh Bay and The Highlands Endowment Fund
- HONOR Endowment Fund
- Hudson Highlands Nature Museum Endowment Fund
- Independent Living, Inc. Fund
- Jewish Family Service – Diane Finkelstein Families in Crisis Fund
- Leadership Orange Endowment Fund
- Literacy Orange Fund
- Neversink Valley Area Museum- Charles Van I Cuddeback Fund
- Neversink Valley Area Museum- Leonard Weissman Education Fund
- Newburgh Chamber Music Endowment Fund
- Newburgh Young Men’s Christian Association Fund-YMCA of Dutchess & Eastern Orange Fund
- Nora Cronin Presentation Academy Endowment Fund
- Orange County Arts Council Endowment Fund
- Orange County Firefighters Museum Fund
- Orange County Land Trust Endowment Fund
- Orange County United Way Endowment Fund In Memory of Marion S. Murphy
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Endowment Fund
- Safe Homes of Orange County, Inc. Endowment Fund
- Southwinds Eleanor T. Snow Heritage Club Endowment Fund
- Temple Sinai Endowment Fund
- The Record’s People for People Fund
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine Middletown Endowment Fund
- Wallkill River School Endowment Fund
- Wallkill Valley Health Coalition Corp.
- YWCA of Orange County Endowment Fund
- Zylofone Foundation: Performing Arts for Special Needs
Our Signature Event Raising Funds For AVM Research
Lunch and Dinner
Silent Auction, Raffles and Short Program
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Professional Advisors Council will host an educational seminar and networking event for accountants, attorneys, financial advisors, and insurance representatives on May 9, 2017. The seminar will feature speakers from the NY State Attorney General’s Office and the NY State Office of Taxation & Finance. It will run from 4:30-7:30 p.m., in the Larkin Conference Room, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Montgomery, NY.
Pending approval, the seminar will offer two Continuing Legal Education or Continuing Professional Education credits for attorneys and accountants.
Sandra Giorno-Tocco, from the Attorney General’s office will talk about “The Role of the Attorney General in Detecting and Investigating Fraud, Embezzlement, and Diversion of Charitable Assets.” Afterwards, Mwisa Chisunka will provide an Inside Look at the NY State Tax Office, and provide a detailed discussion on estate taxes.
The event includes a buffet dinner. The cost is $35 for members of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and $40 for non-members. Full and partial scholarships, based on need, are available. To register online visit http://cfosny.org/event, or call Sarah at (845) 769-9393.
This seminar is sponsored by Goldstein, Karlewicz & Goldstein LLP; Orange County Bank & Trust; Blustein, Shapiro, Rich & Barone Attorneys at Law; Judelson, Giordano & Siegel, CPA, PC; and The Misner Agency, Inc. co-Sponsors include the Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Women’s Bar Association of Orange & Sullivan Counties, a chapter of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of NY.
Hudson Valley Gives is a day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Hudson Valley Gives is an initiative of Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Visit the event website for more details.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY. This is our Annual Board Retreat and more details will follow.
Tickets are $45 per person
All proceeds go directly to Marcello’s Miracle Foundation
*Donations are tax deductible
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
- Zylofone Performing Arts Center for Special Needs Establishes Agency Endowment Fund
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces Available Grants
- Fiscal Sponsorship Awarded to Goshen Art League
- Famed Local Blues Musician to be Remembered, New Fund Established at CFOS to Award Grants & Scholarships in Memory of Bill Perry
- Make a Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2016
- Make a Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2016