Created by the forward-thinking boards of each agency represented below, agency endowment funds are established to create a vehicle for immediate and planned gifts that will support their programs, operations and provide for their long-term sustainability. Gifts of cash, bequests, real estate, securities, life insurance, retirement assets, and tangible assets to these funds are encouraged and welcomed by the agencies listed below.
- Access: Supports for Living Foundation, Inc. Fund
- Allegro Orchestra Fund
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County Fund
- Bill Devitt’s Dream For Inspire
- Chester Historical Society Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Operating Fund
- Congregation Agudas Achim Endowment Fund
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Orange County
- Cornerstone Family Healthcare Endowment Fund
- Crystal Run Village Foundation Endowment Fund
- Dispute Resolution Center Fund
- Firefighters Burn Fund (Firefighters Burn Treatment Fund Inc. of Orange Ulster and Sullivan)
- Friends of Hill Hold Museum Fund
- Great Futures Fund
- Greater Newburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Historical Society of Newburgh Bay and The Highlands Endowment Fund
- HONOR Endowment Fund
- Hudson Highlands Nature Museum Endowment Fund
- Independent Living, Inc. Fund
- Jewish Family Service – Diane Finkelstein Families in Crisis Fund
- Leadership Orange Endowment Fund
- Neversink Valley Area Museum- Charles Van I Cuddeback Fund
- Neversink Valley Area Museum- Leonard Weissman Education Fund
- Newburgh Chamber Music Endowment Fund
- Newburgh Young Men’s Christian Association Fund-YMCA of Dutchess & Eastern Orange Fund
- Nora Cronin Presentation Academy Endowment Fund
- Orange County Arts Council Endowment Fund
- Orange County Firefighters Museum Fund
- Orange County Land Trust Endowment Fund
- Orange County United Way Endowment Fund In Memory of Marion S. Murphy
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Endowment Fund
- Safe Homes of Orange County, Inc. Endowment Fund
- Southwinds Eleanor T. Snow Heritage Club Endowment Fund
- Temple Sinai Endowment Fund
- The Record’s People for People Fund
- Time and the Valleys Museum Terry Forshay Endowment Fund
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine Middletown Endowment Fund
- Wallkill River School Endowment Fund
- Wallkill Valley Health Coalition Corp.
- YWCA of Orange County Endowment Fund
- Zylofone Foundation: Performing Arts for Special Needs
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
Join the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan for a FREE SEMINAR with speakers Susan Diamond, MSW Agent, New York Life Insurance Company, Bonnie Orr, CPA, Judelson, Giordano & Siegel, CPA, P.C. and Richard Shapiro, Esq., Blustein, Shapiro, Rich & Barone, LLP to bring together donors and prospects and educate them on how to be a philanthropist, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder, and help build the capacity for engaged philanthropy – so that they can achieve their philanthropic ambitions for themselves, their families and their communities.
In this seminar we will cover:
- wealth transfer
- heir preparedness and philanthropic planning
- philanthropic tax strategies,
- differences among charitable vehicles
- how to activate a strategic giving plan
- look at charity as a way to transfer wealth, Benefits of donating long-term appreciated assets or complex assets
- help identify and meet their long term goals, how to articulate charitable goals and implement effective gifts.
Light refreshments will be served.
To reserve your spot at this seminar, please email Sarah Pruschki at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 1st Annual Give Back to the Youth Trunk or Treat will be held at
New Wonders Learning Center, 201 Dolson Ave, Middletown, NY
on October 28th
from 12pm – 2pm
Vendor set up starts at 10:30 am
All vendors must sign and return form along with payment of $25.00 back to New Wonders Learning Center,
by Friday October 20th.
All checks can be made payable to: New Wonders Learning Center, Inc.
YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN TABLE AND SET UP MATERIALS.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO DISPOSE OF YOUR OWN TRASH.
Contact Valarie Petersen with any questions: 845-648-5527 or email@example.com
This event will support the Friends of Orange County Youth Bureau charitable fund for services and special projects not currently in the Youth Bureau’s operating budget. Learn more at https://cfosny.org.
The St. Pat’s Ramble invites you to join us at our 1st Annual Boos & Booze HALLOWEEN BASH!
*21 and Older Please-ID is required for entry*
$25.00 Per person
Includes: Buffet Stations, Hors d’oeuvres & Desserts!
*Signature Drink specials featured by ANGRY ORCHARD!
*DJ E-Rock spinning the tunes!
*Costume Contest: including prizes for…
Best Overall, Best Couple, Funniest, Scariest, and more!
PROCEEDS TO SUPPORT THE ST. PAT’S RAMBLE!
Tickets are available for purchase online, or at Copperfield’s Pub (Cash Only)
Maria Ingrassia, Emily Green & Andrea Nilon
Ann Marie Maglione
Director, Orange County New York Office for the Aging
Fried Green Salad
Entree (choose one)
A~Waldorf Turkey Sandwich – B~Cranberry Chicken Wrap – C~Big Island Sandwich made with Ham
*indicate choice of entree using letter on RSVP
Dessert – Key Lime or Peanut Butter Mousse
Coffee/Tea and soft drinks included & Cash Bar
RSVP: October 23rd (Please do not call The Table to make a reservation.)
Make checks payable to: Women’s University Club of Middletown
Mail payment, guest names and entree choice letters to:
59 Eisenhower Drive
Middletown, NY 10940
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY. This event will be immediately followed by the 2017 Annual Reception.
Please join us as we honor two outstanding couples, Tom & Janet Sullivan and Anthony & Nancy Kane, for their commitment to community. Both couples are respected business and civic leaders, with dedication beyond compare.
Individually, they are committed to multiple charities and causes; collectively, they are committed to Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties. Our 2017 honorees are volunteers, philanthropists, and friends who have impacted the lives of many!
Come celebrate their successes as we present them with the David T. Cocks Award for Commitment to Community. This prestigious award is given to individuals or organizations that have made significant contributions to enrich the lives of others. Named in honor of David T. Cocks, who served the Community Foundation with distinction as Vice President of Finance from 2002-2011, this award is given annually in recognition of outstanding community service and leadership.
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award