Terwilliger Family Legacy Fund For Charitable Endeavors
Established in memory and honor of three generations of Terwilligers, including: Fred & Frederica, Terry, and Bryan Terwilliger, this fund will distribute scholarships to Wallkill High School graduates pursuing a degree in banking/finance, with preference given to those applying to Babson College or Rutgers University; teaching, with a preference given to applicants to SUNY New Paltz; or mental health/social work/psychiatry.
Grants can also be awarded to nonprofits that support suicide prevention initiatives and promote mental wellness, with priority given to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Hudson Valley Chapter; or organizations that support LOCAL cancer-related initiatives, especially pancreatic cancer; and/or offer programs for people with disabilities, especially ACCESS: Supports for Living.
“We make a living by what we get;
We make a LIFE by what we GIVE.”
Gone — but not forgotten. Terry Terwilliger served his community as a business leader and a member of many boards of directors, including the Wallkill Central School Board of Education, and Occupations, Inc., now ACCESS:Supports for Living. He also rang the bell every holiday season for The Salvation Army USA, where he served as a unit treasurer, and served on the board of the Hudson Valley Philharmonic Orchestra. He learned “commitment to community” from his parents — Fred C. and Frederica V. Terwilliger — who taught us the importance of community service, charitable giving, and to value education. They left generous bequests to Wallkill Public Library, Wallkill Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Wallkill Reformed Church.
We are proud to continue the Terwilliger tradition of charitable giving.
Please like our Facebook page to hear about upcoming fundraising initiatives, including our participation in Hudson Valley Gives on May 17, 2017, wine tastings, and other events.
Registration begins at 8:30 AM
The tournament will be followed by a BBQ lunch.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Distribution Committee Members ONLY.
New this year!
By invitation only.
In honor of the 2017 scholarship recipients, their families and all donors who made these scholarships possible, we welcome you to attend one or both of this year’s receptions.
Light refreshments will be served.
RSVP by Monday, July 10
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY. The 2017 Scholarship Reception will immediately follow this meeting at 5:00PM.
This event is by invite ONLY. For more information please contact the Event Organizer listed.
Red Sox vs Yankees
August 12, 2017, Saturday 4:05 PM
Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York
11:30 am Depart Liberty Darbee Lane Parking Lot
Pickups in Monticello, Rock Hill, Wurtsboro, Circleville & Monroe
2:00 pm Arrive at Yankee Stadium
4:05 pm PLAY BALL – Red Sox vs Yankees
*7:30 pm Depart Yankee Stadium
10:30 pm Return to Liberty
*Itinerary subject to change depending on when game ends and traffic volume
All packages include: R/T Motor Coach, ticket to game, CD Trips
snack pack, CD Trips onboard guide, feature movie, games &
giveaways, bus driver gratuity and lots of fun. Optional Last Licks
Boxed Lunch (Add $12).
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
- Zylofone Performing Arts Center for Special Needs Establishes Agency Endowment Fund
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces Available Grants
- Fiscal Sponsorship Awarded to Goshen Art League
- Famed Local Blues Musician to be Remembered, New Fund Established at CFOS to Award Grants & Scholarships in Memory of Bill Perry