Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
Over a hundred local nonprofits from Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Sullivan, Putnam, Rockland and Westchester Counties have registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” our region’s second annual day of online giving, to be held on Wednesday, May 17, 2017. Thanks to our generous sponsors and supporters, over $15,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded during fundraising contests throughout the day to participating nonprofit organizations. With over 100 nonprofit organizations signed up to participate, thirty-nine are organizations that did not participate last year. This is a great indicator of higher levels of success this year and it is anticipated that additional nonprofits will sign up in the weeks to come. Radio ads are now running and we will soon have billboard and newspaper ads to help spread the word throughout the Hudson Valley. “We are so grateful to our generous sponsors who have stepped up to participate in this exciting project that supports so many nonprofits in the region! Our friends and neighbors in the Hudson Valley are committed to supporting our vibrant nonprofit community and we can’t wait to see this year’s results!” said Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan.
Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization incorporated in or serving the Hudson Valley, as well as charitable funds at local community foundations may participate, enabling them the opportunity to reach thousands of new potential donors and boost their visibility exponentially through the power of social media, print and broadcast marketing, and word of mouth. Last year’s list of participants offered “something for everyone” to support, including: animal shelters, arts groups, ambulance corps, libraries, historical societies, museums, farmland and environmental preservation groups, food pantries, human service organizations, health agencies and hospitals, recreation and youth groups, scholarship funds, and veterans organizations, too. To register a nonprofit to participate – or to donate online May 17 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. – visit www.hvgives.org. A series of webinars will be hosted for nonprofits to learn more about this effort and how it can benefit their fundraising results.
In addition to online donations received – and deposited directly into each participant’s checking account – cash and other prizes, contributed by event sponsors, will also be awarded throughout the day to nonprofits as incentives to encourage donors to give generously to their favorite local charities and causes. Last year, $12,000 in prizes was awarded for campaign successes. Pets Alive, from Middletown (Orange County), raised the most dollars in 24 hours and garnered the most donors overall. Circle of Friends for the Dying, in Kingston (Ulster County) won a matching gift of $1,000 for the most donations during the “power hour” from 2:30-3:30 p.m., and a prize for the most donations between midnight and 6 a.m. Abilities First, Dutchess Outreach, and Spark Media, (all based in Dutchess County), won prizes for most dollars raised at different intervals throughout the day. Spark Media also won for the best fundraising campaign, overall.
This event is closed for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
Illuminate Goshen’s 3rd Annual NYE Ball Drop
On The Village Green & South Church Street between Main Street and Park Place
Food, Sweets and Refreshment Vendors on site!
Family Fun Activities 7pm – 9pm
Face Painting, Balloon Animals, Magic Show, Princess Belle and more!
Early to Bed Ball Drop @ 9:00pm
9pm – Midnight
Live Music from The Hype
Cornhole Tournament, Selfie Station and more!
Ball Drop @ Midnight
$250 Photo Booth
$500 NYE Novelties
Sponsorship’s include company logo at event, mention on social media and verbal recognition at event.
For more information contact: email@example.com
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients