Keep It Moving 5k Run/Walk and Community Fun Day
Newburgh NY 12550
Go Skate for Zane 2019 is setting up to be a huge success. The day will include a 5K Walk/Run,
Kids Fun Run, Skateboard Competition and Community Health Fair. The event will be covered by
local media: news and social. This amazing community collaboration with grass roots Newburgh
groups including We Are Newburgh , Shred Foundation , Blacc Vanilla and local skaters, will not be
possible without your support.
Keep It Moving is bringing together local organizations to help local young people with the
ambitious goal of saving lives by curbing opioid addiction through engagement in sports, nature and
the arts. Keep It Moving also provides Narcan Kits and training to anyone who needs them. In the
past year we have equipped more than 1,000 people in Newburgh and the Greater Orange County
area with this life saving tool. Keep It Moving strives to bring both life changing and life saving
measures to those affected by opioid overdose.
100% of proceeds raised from this event will be used to help young people in the Newburgh area by
subsidizing costs associated with healthful activities. Currently we are trying to raise funds to bring
Wild Earth Programing, an evidence-based, nature-centered program that promotes respect,
responsibility and resourcefulness, to area young people. Our hope is that engaging our young
people in these types of activities will give them focus and direction to lead them toward healthful
and productive futures while preventing them from making dangerous, unhealthy choices.
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides 134 Nonprofits With a Virtual Fundraising Day
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund surpasses $520,000 raised
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides Online Funding Opportunity in a Time of Social Distancing
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.
- Town of Montgomery Community Response Team and Cultivate Montgomery partner to support local seniors and families during coronavirus outbreak