Can you give an example of how Endowment Funds work?
The Oscar B. Greenleaf Scholarship Fund is a great example. Mr. Greenleaf left a bequest of $1 million to establish a scholarship fund. The Foundation grants out approximately 4% annually in scholarships. That equates to approximately $40,000 in scholarships going out of the fund to local students each year. What a legacy Mr. Greenleaf left to his community. Forever and ever, this fund will continue to award scholarships, and the annual scholarships will grow as the $1 million bequest grows through its investment. As you can see, when you establish or support an endowment, your gift just keeps giving…and getting bigger!
← Can you give an example of how Endowment Funds work?
- 20K in Grants Will Mark Community Foundation’s 20th Anniversary Celebration & Annual Reception
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan