Can you give an example of how Endowment Funds work?
The Oscar B. Greenleaf Scholarship Fund is a great example. Mr. Greenleaf left a bequest of $1 million to establish a scholarship fund. The Foundation grants out approximately 4% annually in scholarships. That equates to approximately $40,000 in scholarships going out of the fund to local students each year. What a legacy Mr. Greenleaf left to his community. Forever and ever, this fund will continue to award scholarships, and the annual scholarships will grow as the $1 million bequest grows through its investment. As you can see, when you establish or support an endowment, your gift just keeps giving…and getting bigger!
← Can you give an example of how Endowment Funds work?
There are no upcoming events.
- CFOS Awards More than $400,000 in Scholarships
- CFOS Closes Successful Fiscal Year of Giving and Announces Michael Bonura as New Chairman of Board of Directors
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Grants are Available Through CFOS
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Addressing Escalating Needs
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day