What kind of gifts do people typically make?
While cash or checks are simplest, many donors find that securities, real estate, or even life insurance policies maximize tax benefits by avoiding capital gains taxes on highly appreciated property. Direct bequests via will or beneficiary designations for tax-deferred retirement plans have become frequently used planned giving tools. The Foundation staff can provide more details on attractive estate planning, insurance and property gift options.
← What kind of gifts do people typically make?
- 20K in Grants Will Mark Community Foundation’s 20th Anniversary Celebration & Annual Reception
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan