Terwilliger Family Legacy Fund For Charitable Endeavors
Established in memory and honor of three generations of Terwilligers, including: Fred & Frederica, Terry, and Bryan Terwilliger, this fund will distribute scholarships to graduating seniors of Wallkill High School who are pursuing a degree in banking or finance, with preference given to those applying to Babson College or Rutgers University; teaching, with a preference given to applicants to SUNY New Paltz; or mental health/social work/psychiatry.
Grants can also be awarded to nonprofits that support suicide prevention initiatives and promote mental wellness, with priority given to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Hudson Valley Chapter; or organizations that support LOCAL cancer-related initiatives, especially pancreatic cancer; and/or offer programs for people with disabilities, especially ACCESS: Supports for Living.
“We make a living by what we get;
We make a LIFE by what we GIVE.”
Gone — but not forgotten. Terry Terwilliger served his community as a business leader and a member of many boards of directors, including the Wallkill Central School Board of Education, and Occupations, Inc., now ACCESS:Supports for Living. He also rang the bell every holiday season for The Salvation Army USA, where he served as a unit treasurer, and served on the board of the Hudson Valley Philharmonic Orchestra. He learned “commitment to community” from his parents — Fred C. and Frederica V. Terwilliger — who taught us the importance of community service, charitable giving, and to value education. They left generous bequests to Wallkill Public Library, Wallkill Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Wallkill Reformed Church.
We are proud to continue the Terwilliger tradition of charitable giving.
Please like our Facebook page to hear about upcoming fundraising initiatives, including our participation in Hudson Valley Gives on May 16, 2018, wine tastings, and other events.
Also: Now through April 30 you can PRINT THIS COUPON and shop at Modell’s in Orange, Dutchess or Westchester Counties and a portion for your sale will support the Terwilliger Family Legacy Fund.
AND: On May 30, join us for a chance to connect with a lost loved one, through an event with psychic medium, Deborah Hanlon.
Pillars of the Community Awards Gala
Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 6PM
at Anthony’s Pier 9
Lifetime Achievement Honoree
Raena Endick Korenman
Newburgh Enlarged City School District – Retired
Women’s Health Champion
Distinguished Service Honorees
David M. Hoovler, Esq.
Orange County District Attorney
Orange Regional Medical Center
Improving the Health of our Community
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan