Terwilliger Family Legacy Fund For Charitable Endeavors
Established in memory and honor of three generations of Terwilligers, including: Fred & Frederica, Terry, and Bryan Terwilliger, this fund will distribute scholarships to graduating seniors of Wallkill High School who are pursuing a degree in banking or finance, with preference given to those applying to Babson College or Rutgers University; teaching, with a preference given to applicants to SUNY New Paltz; or mental health/social work/psychiatry. To apply for this scholarship online, click here. Deadline April 2020.
Grants can also be awarded to nonprofits that support suicide prevention initiatives and promote mental wellness, with priority given to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Hudson Valley Chapter; or organizations that support LOCAL cancer-related initiatives, especially pancreatic cancer; and/or offer programs for people with disabilities, especially ACCESS: Supports for Living.
Please support our work by making a donation here.
Gone — but not forgotten. Terry Terwilliger served his community as a business leader and a member of many boards of directors, including the Wallkill Central School Board of Education, and Occupations, Inc., now ACCESS:Supports for Living. He also rang the bell every holiday season for The Salvation Army USA, where he served as a unit treasurer, and served on the board of the Hudson Valley Philharmonic Orchestra. He learned “commitment to community” from his parents — Fred C. and Frederica V. Terwilliger — who taught us the importance of community service, charitable giving, and to value education. They left generous bequests to Wallkill Public Library, Wallkill Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Wallkill Reformed Church.
We are proud to continue the Terwilliger tradition of charitable giving.
Please like our Facebook page to hear about upcoming fundraising initiatives, including our participation in Hudson Valley Gives annually each May, as well as our wine tastings, and other events.
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides 134 Nonprofits With a Virtual Fundraising Day
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund surpasses $520,000 raised
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides Online Funding Opportunity in a Time of Social Distancing
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.