Terwilliger Family Legacy Fund For Charitable Endeavors
Established in memory and honor of three generations of Terwilligers, including: Fred & Frederica, Terry, and Bryan Terwilliger, this fund will distribute scholarships to graduating seniors of Wallkill High School who are pursuing a degree in banking or finance, with preference given to those applying to Babson College or Rutgers University; teaching, with a preference given to applicants to SUNY New Paltz; or mental health/social work/psychiatry. To apply for this scholarship, click here.
Grants can also be awarded to nonprofits that support suicide prevention initiatives and promote mental wellness, with priority given to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Hudson Valley Chapter; or organizations that support LOCAL cancer-related initiatives, especially pancreatic cancer; and/or offer programs for people with disabilities, especially ACCESS: Supports for Living.
“We make a living by what we get;
We make a LIFE by what we GIVE.”
Gone — but not forgotten. Terry Terwilliger served his community as a business leader and a member of many boards of directors, including the Wallkill Central School Board of Education, and Occupations, Inc., now ACCESS:Supports for Living. He also rang the bell every holiday season for The Salvation Army USA, where he served as a unit treasurer, and served on the board of the Hudson Valley Philharmonic Orchestra. He learned “commitment to community” from his parents — Fred C. and Frederica V. Terwilliger — who taught us the importance of community service, charitable giving, and to value education. They left generous bequests to Wallkill Public Library, Wallkill Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Wallkill Reformed Church.
We are proud to continue the Terwilliger tradition of charitable giving.
Please like our Facebook page to hear about upcoming fundraising initiatives, including our participation in Hudson Valley Gives on May 15, 2019, wine tastings, and other events.
2nd Annual Dustin James Memorial Golf Outing
Registration & Lunch – 11:00 AM
Shotgun Start: 12:00 PM
Cocktail Hour: 5:30 PM
Awards Dinner: 6:30 PM
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for package details.
Use the button below to purchase Dinner Tickets:
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment