American Snippets Fund
This fund will support non-profit programs, initiatives, and/or events related to military veterans and families, including programs that support veteran, active duty, and military families through personal, professional, and physical challenges. This fund will also support similar programs and initiatives for law enforcement and first responder families.
Other grants may be recommended by the donor to support various charitable/educational projects.
This fund was established by local residents Barbara Allen and Dave Brown. Barbara is the surviving spouse of 1Lt Louis Allen, who was killed in Iraq in June 2005. She is a personal and professional advocate for other surviving family members and served for over 3 years as a Veterans Specialist for Orange County. She is an author, speaker, and lifestyle coach, as well as co-founder of American Snippets, the media platform that inspired this fund. She is engaged to Dave Brown.
Dave Brown is a real estate investor and lifestyle entrepreneur, as well as a co-founder of American Snippets. He has coached hundreds of clients through the entrepreneurial path and owns a real estate investment company.
For more information, you can visit their website.
Includes wine, light food, and two (2) painted glasses to take home. Raffles will also be available.
The CHSCF 5K Walk/Run at Beaver Brook pavilion benefits The Can’t Hurt Steel Community Foundation, which was created in 2016 by JJ Hanson and his wife Kristen, to enhance the quality of life for those living in our community. The foundation offers financial assistance to families experiencing a catastrophic loss or illness, provides health and wellness programming, as well as promotes community development. We hope you can join us! Run, walk, sponsor, buy raffles, enjoy spring activities, music, and eat some food. Don’t miss out on all the fun!
Your participation in this event helps CHS to continue to provide financial assistance to local families in their time of need and to sponsor fundraising events like spaghetti dinners, to help a greater number of families.CHS also uses the proceeds from this event to award scholarships to graduating seniors pursuing careers in health, wellness, and community development. CHS is currently working on creating fitness trails within a local section of state land. Running or walking in this event will help CHS continue on its mission to help others and improve the community in which we live. Thanks you for your support!
Event registration will start at 7:30am before the event. Please try to register online to make this process easier. Thank you!!
2nd Annual Dustin James Memorial Golf Outing
Registration & Lunch – 11:00 AM
Shotgun Start: 12:00 PM
Cocktail Hour: 5:30 PM
Awards Dinner: 6:30 PM
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for package details.
Use the button below to purchase Dinner Tickets:
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment