For Professional Advisors
Do My Clients Need The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
Answer these seven questions to find out!
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Please call 845-769-9393 to get started today, or email us directly.
Talking with your Clients about Charitable Giving
Many advisors face a delicate dilemma. They want to discuss charitable giving with their clients, but they need to avoid appearing to influence their clients to support a specific charity. That’s where the Community Foundation is your partner in philanthropy.
The Community Foundation is a single, convenient vehicle for meeting a variety of your client’s charitable interests. We work through you. You stay in control of your client relationships.
We partner with you. We provide support, information, sample fund agreements, bequest language, and expertise on charitable giving and grantmaking.
We help you build stronger relationships with your clients. Your clients will appreciate the charitable impact and tax advantages you help them achieve.
We can help you as a professional advisor by providing:
- Personalized gift planning illustrations for your clients ranging from charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, wealth replacement options and insurance trust illustrations.
- Confidential gift planning – your client can create an anonymous charitable fund if they wish.
- Legal review of fund documents – the Community Foundation’s legal council will provide assistance with documents.
We offer flexibility for your clients: Whatever your client’s charitable wish – to support education, to aid the homeless and every imaginable charitable purpose in between, we can be a valuable resource. Your clients can select one or a combination of many types of funds in order to fulfill their charitable dreams, while achieving maximum tax benefits.
We will ensure that if a change of circumstances makes compliance with the terms of the gift instrument “unnecessary, undesirable, impractical or impossible,” we will carry on your client’s charitable wishes in perpetuity.
Please use the links to the right to learn more about our planned giving arrangements and educational resources available as you help your clients achieve their charitable ambitions.
Contact Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO, to access without charge, the gift planning experience of the Community Foundation.
Our Signature Event Raising Funds For AVM Research
Lunch and Dinner
Silent Auction, Raffles and Short Program
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Professional Advisors Council will host an educational seminar and networking event for accountants, attorneys, financial advisors, and insurance representatives on May 9, 2017. The seminar will feature speakers from the NY State Attorney General’s Office and the NY State Office of Taxation & Finance. It will run from 4:30-7:30 p.m., in the Larkin Conference Room, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Montgomery, NY.
Pending approval, the seminar will offer two Continuing Legal Education or Continuing Professional Education credits for attorneys and accountants.
Sandra Giorno-Tocco, from the Attorney General’s office will talk about “The Role of the Attorney General in Detecting and Investigating Fraud, Embezzlement, and Diversion of Charitable Assets.” Afterwards, Mwisa Chisunka will provide an Inside Look at the NY State Tax Office, and provide a detailed discussion on estate taxes.
The event includes a buffet dinner. The cost is $35 for members of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and $40 for non-members. Full and partial scholarships, based on need, are available. To register online visit http://cfosny.org/event, or call Sarah at (845) 769-9393.
This seminar is sponsored by Goldstein, Karlewicz & Goldstein LLP; Orange County Bank & Trust; Blustein, Shapiro, Rich & Barone Attorneys at Law; Judelson, Giordano & Siegel, CPA, PC; and The Misner Agency, Inc. co-Sponsors include the Mid-Hudson Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Women’s Bar Association of Orange & Sullivan Counties, a chapter of the Women’s Bar Association of the State of NY.
Hudson Valley Gives is a day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Hudson Valley Gives is an initiative of Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Visit the event website for more details.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY. This is our Annual Board Retreat and more details will follow.
Tickets are $45 per person
All proceeds go directly to Marcello’s Miracle Foundation
*Donations are tax deductible
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
- Zylofone Performing Arts Center for Special Needs Establishes Agency Endowment Fund
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces Available Grants
- Fiscal Sponsorship Awarded to Goshen Art League
- Famed Local Blues Musician to be Remembered, New Fund Established at CFOS to Award Grants & Scholarships in Memory of Bill Perry
- Make a Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2016
- Make a Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2016