Start a Fund
Local giving thrives here.
Founded in 1999, the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan provides expertise in all things charitable for local individuals, families, organizations, and businesses. We can help you start a charitable fund and then protect, grow, and direct its proceeds so that it can award grants or scholarships, now and forever.
- $5,000 is it all it takes to start a fund
- Use our 501(c)(3) status to enable all donations to your fund to be tax deductible
- No legal documents required to file with the IRS or the Attorney General
- We handle all administrative details, including bank deposits, financial reports and donation acknowledgements
- We offer maximum tax savings and flexibility
We support your fund with:
- Sound Financial Management
- Led by a group of local volunteers who are financial experts, the Community Foundation wisely manages an investment program that provides prudent stewardship of your fund. We provide quarterly fund statements to keep you up to date on the fund’s financials.
- Legal Expertise
- It is our responsibility to stay current with the latest IRS requirements related to charitable giving and grant making and to advise you on any changes that may affect your fund.
- Community Insight
- It is our business to understand and evaluate the ever-changing needs of our communities and to share that information with you.
- Ease of Giving
- We make it easy to establish or add to your fund, and we offer planned giving choices. We are here to help you accomplish your charitable goals.
The Community Foundation provides a simple, powerful, and highly personal approach to giving. We offer a variety of tools to help people achieve their charitable goals. You can make a gift of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, or other assets to your community foundation. Most charitable gifts qualify for maximum tax advantage under federal law. Each donor has a unique giving experience, tailored to suit his or her situation and goals.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO at Elizabeth@cfosny.org or Nicole Feller Lee, Director of Development and Communications at Nicole@cfosny.org.
There are no upcoming events.
- CFOS Closes Successful Fiscal Year of Giving and Announces Michael Bonura as New Chairman of Board of Directors
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Grants are Available Through CFOS
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Addressing Escalating Needs
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides 134 Nonprofits With a Virtual Fundraising Day