Start a Fund
Local giving thrives here.
Founded in 1999, the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan provides expertise in all things charitable for local individuals, families, organizations, and businesses. We can help you start a charitable fund and then protect, grow, and direct its proceeds so that it can award grants or scholarships, now and forever.
- $5,000 is it all it takes to start a fund
- Use our 501(c)(3) status to enable all donations to your fund to be tax deductible
- No legal documents required to file with the IRS or the Attorney General
- We handle all administrative details, including bank deposits, financial reports and donation acknowledgements
- We offer maximum tax savings and flexibility
We support your fund with:
- Sound Financial Management
- Led by a group of local volunteers who are financial experts, the Community Foundation wisely manages an investment program that provides prudent stewardship of your fund. We provide quarterly fund statements to keep you up to date on the fund’s financials.
- Legal Expertise
- It is our responsibility to stay current with the latest IRS requirements related to charitable giving and grant making and to advise you on any changes that may affect your fund.
- Community Insight
- It is our business to understand and evaluate the ever-changing needs of our communities and to share that information with you.
- Ease of Giving
- We make it easy to establish or add to your fund, and we offer planned giving choices. We are here to help you accomplish your charitable goals.
The Community Foundation provides a simple, powerful, and highly personal approach to giving. We offer a variety of tools to help people achieve their charitable goals. You can make a gift of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, or other assets to your community foundation. Most charitable gifts qualify for maximum tax advantage under federal law. Each donor has a unique giving experience, tailored to suit his or her situation and goals.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO at Elizabeth@cfosny.org or Nicole Feller Lee, Director of Development and Communications at Nicole@cfosny.org.
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.
- Town of Montgomery Community Response Team and Cultivate Montgomery partner to support local seniors and families during coronavirus outbreak
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan launches Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund with $185 thousand commitment from initial funders
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2020 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces $13,500 in Grants Available Through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan