Greenleaf Legacy Society
Your planned gift to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan will have meaning and impact for years to come. We honor those who have made a lasting commitment to our community
by choosing to support the charitable goals of the Foundation through planned giving.
Those who remember the foundation through a will, trust, designation or other planned gift, are invited to join in the community foundation’s Greenleaf Legacy Society*, recognizing this special form of lasting philanthropy.
Involvement in the Greenleaf Legacy Society gives you the opportunity to enjoy the company of others who, like yourself, care about leaving a legacy to protect and strengthen this community. Members are recognized in community foundation publications and at events such as our Annual Reception and other exclusive events for legacy members.
You may always choose to remain anonymous in your philanthropy with the Community Foundation. However, participation in the Greenleaf Legacy Society can be an inspirational experience, and may encourage others to look toward the future and how they too may have an enduring impact on the causes they care about.
How does the Legacy Society work?
- Establish – Donors can include a gift to the Community Foundation in their estate plans.
- Notify – Donors notify the Community Foundation of their plans and automatically become members of the Legacy Society.
- Join – Donors join the network of other Legacy Society members and receive special recognition.
*The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan was two years old when it received its first major donation – a planned gift from the estate of Oscar B. Greenleaf in 2002. Mr. Greenleaf was an ordinary person with extraordinary goals: to live life to the fullest, and to give so that others could learn. His goodwill lives on forever because of his gift to the Community Foundation. To honor that caring legacy, the Community Foundation created the Greenleaf Legacy Society which recognizes those donors who have included the Community Foundation in their estate plans or have created a life income gift to the Foundation. In good times and bad, these gifts will continue to benefit the community in perpetuity.
Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is not engaged in rendering legal, financial, or tax advice. Information in our publications and on our website is provided as a service to provide general information about charitable giving. Please consult your financial or legal advisor.
This event benefits the Liberty Rotary Club Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan.
Top Shelf – $500 or more
Premium – $250-$499
Stout – $100-$249
Pilsner – $50-$99
Join us for our cocktail party fundraiser in the newly renovated space at the Stagecoach Inn. The restaurant will be closed to the public during this event to allow for dancing, drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
Early bird ticket pricing:
$110 Single Ticket
- 20K in Grants Will Mark Community Foundation’s 20th Anniversary Celebration & Annual Reception
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan