Greenleaf Legacy Society
Your planned gift to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan will have meaning and impact for years to come. We honor those who have made a lasting commitment to our community by choosing to support the charitable goals of the Foundation through planned giving.
Those who remember the foundation through a will, trust, designation or other planned gift, are invited to join in the community foundation’s Greenleaf Legacy Society*, recognizing this special form of lasting philanthropy.
Involvement in the Greenleaf Legacy Society gives you the opportunity to enjoy the company of others who, like yourself, care about leaving a legacy to protect and strengthen this community. Members are recognized in community foundation publications and at events such as our Annual Reception and other exclusive events for legacy members.
You may always choose to remain anonymous in your philanthropy with the Community Foundation. However, participation in the Greenleaf Legacy Society can be an inspirational experience, and may encourage others to look toward the future and how they too may have an enduring impact on the causes they care about.
How does the Legacy Society work?
- Establish – Donors can include a gift to the Community Foundation in their estate plans.
- Notify – Donors notify the Community Foundation of their plans and automatically become members of the Legacy Society.
- Join – Donors join the network of other Legacy Society members and receive special recognition.
*The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan was two years old when it received its first major donation – a planned gift from the estate of Oscar B. Greenleaf in 2002. Mr. Greenleaf was an ordinary person with extraordinary goals: to live life to the fullest, and to give so that others could learn. His goodwill lives on forever because of his gift to the Community Foundation. To honor that caring legacy, the Community Foundation created the Greenleaf Legacy Society which recognizes those donors who have included the Community Foundation in their estate plans or have created a life income gift to the Foundation. In good times and bad, these gifts will continue to benefit the community in perpetuity.
Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is not engaged in rendering legal, financial, or tax advice. Information in our publications and on our website is provided as a service to provide general information about charitable giving. Please consult your financial or legal advisor.
Speakers: Marc Selden, J.D., LL.M., national recognized lecturer, Member: Cozen O’Connor, New York City, and Richard J. Shapiro, J.D., CELA.
This 2-credit charitable giving seminar, presented by the Community Foundation’s Professional Advisors Council, will teach you everything you need to know about asset protection planning and how you can help your clients preserve and protect their assets.
Registration & Networking: 4:30 – 5:30 PM
Buffet Dinner & Seminar: 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Credits: Attorneys – 2 CLE credits*; CPAs – 2 CPE credits*
RSVP by October 19
Limited seating. Reserve now.
*Credits are pending. This program is transitional and appropriate for experienced and newly admitted attorneys. The Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York has been certified by the New York State Continuing Education Board as an accredited provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York. Full and partial scholarships based on need are available. All requests are confidential.
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples