Greenleaf Legacy Society
Your planned gift to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan will have meaning and impact for years to come. We honor those who have made a lasting commitment to our community
by choosing to support the charitable goals of the Foundation through planned giving.
Those who remember the foundation through a will, trust, designation or other planned gift, are invited to join in the community foundation’s Greenleaf Legacy Society*, recognizing this special form of lasting philanthropy.
Involvement in the Greenleaf Legacy Society gives you the opportunity to enjoy the company of others who, like yourself, care about leaving a legacy to protect and strengthen this community. Members are recognized in community foundation publications and at events such as our Annual Reception and other exclusive events for legacy members.
You may always choose to remain anonymous in your philanthropy with the Community Foundation. However, participation in the Greenleaf Legacy Society can be an inspirational experience, and may encourage others to look toward the future and how they too may have an enduring impact on the causes they care about.
How does the Legacy Society work?
- Establish – Donors can include a gift to the Community Foundation in their estate plans.
- Notify – Donors notify the Community Foundation of their plans and automatically become members of the Legacy Society.
- Join – Donors join the network of other Legacy Society members and receive special recognition.
*The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan was two years old when it received its first major donation – a planned gift from the estate of Oscar B. Greenleaf in 2002. Mr. Greenleaf was an ordinary person with extraordinary goals: to live life to the fullest, and to give so that others could learn. His goodwill lives on forever because of his gift to the Community Foundation. To honor that caring legacy, the Community Foundation created the Greenleaf Legacy Society which recognizes those donors who have included the Community Foundation in their estate plans or have created a life income gift to the Foundation. In good times and bad, these gifts will continue to benefit the community in perpetuity.
Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is not engaged in rendering legal, financial, or tax advice. Information in our publications and on our website is provided as a service to provide general information about charitable giving. Please consult your financial or legal advisor.
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.
- Town of Montgomery Community Response Team and Cultivate Montgomery partner to support local seniors and families during coronavirus outbreak
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan launches Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund with $185 thousand commitment from initial funders
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2020 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces $13,500 in Grants Available Through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan