What Is The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
It’s really quite simple: We facilitate and manage ENDOWMENT FUNDS that grow and benefit our community…forever. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a public charity unlike any other in our area. We exist not to support a single organization, but to address the broadest range of charitable issues by building an endowment that serves as a perpetual source of community capital.
We connect people who care with causes that matter and we serve people of all means. To donors, CFOS represents an effective and innovative giving vehicle, one that combines maximum tax savings with maximum flexibility and the opportunity to make a difference right here at home in and around Orange County… and beyond. To other charitable organizations, CFOS represents the source of grants whose sole purpose is to improve the quality of life in our region. Perhaps most important of all, CFOS is the link between donors and other charitable organizations, and between donors and those students who receive grants from scholarship funds which are established through the Foundation.
CFOS currently manages more than 280 permanent charitable funds for individuals, families, businesses, and organizations that turn to us to help fulfill their charitable dreams. And this number of funds continues to grow as more people like you feel compelled to step forward as generous participants in the vision of a stronger community.
To make a donation to the Community Foundation for operating expenses, click the button below.
Speakers: Marc Selden, J.D., LL.M., national recognized lecturer, Member: Cozen O’Connor, New York City, and Richard J. Shapiro, J.D., CELA.
This 2-credit charitable giving seminar, presented by the Community Foundation’s Professional Advisors Council, will teach you everything you need to know about asset protection planning and how you can help your clients preserve and protect their assets.
Registration & Networking: 4:30 – 5:30 PM
Buffet Dinner & Seminar: 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Credits: Attorneys – 2 CLE credits*; CPAs – 2 CPE credits*
RSVP by October 19
Limited seating. Reserve now.
*Credits are pending. This program is transitional and appropriate for experienced and newly admitted attorneys. The Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York has been certified by the New York State Continuing Education Board as an accredited provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York. Full and partial scholarships based on need are available. All requests are confidential.
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples