What Is The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a tax exempt, non-profit, publicly supported, philanthropic institution with the long-term goal of building permanent, named funds for the broad based charitable benefit of the individuals and families in the region. Funds are established through contributions from individuals, families, businesses or 501(c)3 organizations, each one with its own specific purpose. The Foundation’s Board of Directors oversees these funds in perpetuity, to ensure that donor’s intentions are honored, now and forever.
Founded in 1999, the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan currently manages nearly 300 separate component funds and has distributed over $11 million in charitable grants and educational scholarships since the organization was established. These numbers continue to grow as more people step forward as generous participants in the vision of a stronger community. There are many different ways of giving to and through the Community Foundation. Funds can be established for a variety of charitable purposes, and can support one or multiple charities. Click here to view all of our different types of funds.
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan received accreditation with the nation’s highest standard for philanthropic excellence in 2014. National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations™ establish legal, ethical, effective practices for community foundations. The rigorous accreditation process provides quality assurance to donors and to their legal and financial advisors.
To make a donation to the Community Foundation for operating expenses, click the button below.
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Awards $10,000 in Make a Difference grants to two local organizations
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Ranks Among Fastest Growing in the Nation
- Metric Century Bike Ride Raises $23,000 to Fight Children’s Hunger
- Grant Applications are Being Accepted by the Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation
- 11th Annual DaHunt for the Cure Event Raises $80,000 for Hudson Valley Charities