What Is The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a tax exempt, non-profit, publicly supported, philanthropic institution with the long-term goal of building permanent, named funds for the broad based charitable benefit of the individuals and families in the region. Funds are established through contributions from individuals, families, businesses or 501(c)3 organizations, each one with its own specific purpose. The Foundation’s Board of Directors oversees these funds in perpetuity, to ensure that donor’s intentions are honored, now and forever.
Founded in 1999, the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan currently manages nearly 300 separate component funds and has distributed over $11 million in charitable grants and educational scholarships since the organization was established. These numbers continue to grow as more people step forward as generous participants in the vision of a stronger community. There are many different ways of giving to and through the Community Foundation. Funds can be established for a variety of charitable purposes, and can support one or multiple charities. Click here to view all of our different types of funds.
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan received accreditation with the nation’s highest standard for philanthropic excellence in 2014. National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations™ establish legal, ethical, effective practices for community foundations. The rigorous accreditation process provides quality assurance to donors and to their legal and financial advisors.
To make a donation to the Community Foundation for operating expenses, click the button below.
Gather Round The Table for a
Good Meal with Good Company…
Join us as we celebrate A Single Bite, a nonprofit organization with a mission to empower young people to care about the food they eat and where it comes from. Real food, healthy choices.
Saturday, November 23, 2019
6:00 PM Reception
6:45 PM Dinner
Inspired and executed by DeBruce Executive Chef, Aksel Theilkuhl
Purchase tickets below:
Hosted by Foster Supply Hospitality.
A Single Bite’s mailing address is:
PO Box 595
Youngsville, NY 12791
- 20K in Grants Will Mark Community Foundation’s 20th Anniversary Celebration & Annual Reception
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan