11th Annual DaHunt for the Cure Event Raises $80,000 for Hudson Valley Charities
Sporting clays charity shooting event extends to two days to abide by COVID-19 regulations
MONTGOMERY, NY (September 22, 2020) – When the pandemic struck, DaHunt for the Cure founders Charlie and Diane Medici knew they couldn’t move forward as planned with their sporting clays charity shooting event. However, cancelling was out of the question. Instead, the innovative couple pivoted, extending the event to two days to abide by the state’s 50-person participation limit. Temperature checks were taken upon arrival, and participants received gaiters to wear.
Their careful planning paid off. The event held on September 17 and 18 at Ten Mile River Preserve in Dover Plains was as successful as it’s been in years past. $80,000 was raised for Hudson Valley nonprofit organizations including:
- GiGi’s Playhouse Down Syndrome Achievement Center
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- The Sunshine Kids Foundation
- Kids for Kids
- The Children’s Home of Poughkeepsie
- Cancer Resource Center of the Hudson Valley
“Diane and I are so proud to have put on this event in these unprecedented, challenging times,” said DaHunt for the Cure Founder Charlie Medici. “The unwavering dedication and commitment of event supporters is so appreciated. We look forward to next year and doing it all again!”
DaHunt for the Cure joined the Community Foundation of Orange & Sullivan’s family of funds in 2017.
“With the support of the Community Foundation, the Medici’s will be able to give to these important organizations for years to come,” said Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan President and CEO Elizabeth Rowley. “Charlie and Diane truly embody our mission of connecting people who care with causes that matter!”
“We are so grateful for the generous support from DaHunt. Their donation of $25,000 could not have come at a more critical time for us,” said Gigi’s Playhouse Co-President Gwyneth Meeks. “As we reopen our playhouse doors, their donation will allow us to continue to serve our families and community. The therapeutic and educational programs offered by GiGi’s Playhouse provide our participants the opportunity to connect, learn and build skills that will empower them for future success.”
DaHunt for the Cure was inspired when the Medici’s nephew, Peter, was diagnosed with leukemia. Peter is now an extremely healthy college graduate in his early 20s and is working for the family business as a project manager. The Medici’s continue to honor his battle and raise money to support all those who are still fighting today.
There are no upcoming events.
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2021 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- With Cases on the Rise, the Community Foundation Recommits to COVID-19 Response Fund
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Awards $10,000 in Make a Difference grants to two local organizations
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Ranks Among Fastest Growing in the Nation
- Metric Century Bike Ride Raises $23,000 to Fight Children’s Hunger