For Professional Advisors
Do My Clients Need The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
Answer these seven questions to find out!
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Please call 845-769-9393 to get started today, or email us directly.
Talking with your Clients about Charitable Giving
Many advisors face a delicate dilemma. They want to discuss charitable giving with their clients, but they need to avoid appearing to influence their clients to support a specific charity. That’s where the Community Foundation is your partner in philanthropy.
The Community Foundation is a single, convenient vehicle for meeting a variety of your client’s charitable interests. We work through you. You stay in control of your client relationships.
We partner with you. We provide support, information, sample fund agreements, bequest language, and expertise on charitable giving and grantmaking.
We help you build stronger relationships with your clients. Your clients will appreciate the charitable impact and tax advantages you help them achieve.
We can help you as a professional advisor by providing:
- Personalized gift planning illustrations for your clients ranging from charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, wealth replacement options and insurance trust illustrations.
- Confidential gift planning – your client can create an anonymous charitable fund if they wish.
- Legal review of fund documents – the Community Foundation’s legal council will provide assistance with documents.
We offer flexibility for your clients: Whatever your client’s charitable wish – to support education, to aid the homeless and every imaginable charitable purpose in between, we can be a valuable resource. Your clients can select one or a combination of many types of funds in order to fulfill their charitable dreams, while achieving maximum tax benefits.
We will ensure that if a change of circumstances makes compliance with the terms of the gift instrument “unnecessary, undesirable, impractical or impossible,” we will carry on your client’s charitable wishes in perpetuity.
Please use the links to the right to learn more about our planned giving arrangements and educational resources available as you help your clients achieve their charitable ambitions.
Contact Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO, to access without charge, the gift planning experience of the Community Foundation.
Join Warwick Playground Dreams for a night of art and fun!
Art instruction and painting supplies
Two wine glasses and a bottle for painting
Cork light for your finished bottle
Glass of wine
Cheese & Fruit Plate to share
Advance reservations and payment is required
$50.00 donation per person.
6:45 PM check in.
*Snow date March 14*
Strategic Access to Independent Living shared experience support for high functioning adults with special needs and their caregivers.
Family Self-Sufficiency Rep
The St. Pat’s Ramble Committee will host a Grand Marshal Reception in Honor of Charlotte Palumbo.
Tickets to attend are $25.00 per person – cash bar.
Reservations are required.
Mass will be held at 11:30 on Sunday March 18 at Holy Name of Mary-Assumption Church, where St. Patrick will be honored and Charlotte Palumbo will be recognized.
Support Strategic Access to Independent Living for high functioning members of the special needs community.
Doors open at 7:00 PM
Performance at 9:00 PM
Tickets $20.00 each
5K fun run at Stewart Airport on the Runway to support the Hudson Valley Cancer Resource Center! This is our 3rd annual 5K fun run, Saturday, April 28th at Stewart Airport! Register for the 5K on the Runway by April 7th before prices go up!!
Use code 5KRWY for $5 off pre-registration!!
Have you run with us before? Use code RE5K18
Come run or walk with us at Stewart Airport! We’ll have food, music, gifts and auction items!
On Saturday, May 12, 2018, NCPA will present a new Major Spring Fundraising Event, a Latin Dance Party Concert/Celebration featuring Tito Puente Jr. and his Ensemble, at the Ritz Theatre in Newburgh, NY. NCPA Board member Linda Magnusson Rosario and her husband Steve, have graciously agreed to underwrite this event, but we need your help to not only ensure a sold-out concert, but help pave the way to make this opportunity an annual spring fundraising event.
How can you help? It’s simple- please mark your calendar, and help publicize the event, become a NCPA Latin Dance Party Ambassador by reaching out to your personal and business contacts to become sponsors of the vent, to buy tickets and/or place an ad in the vent program.
We are also organizing a committee to assist with the event logistics, and if you’d like to be part of this committee, please contact me at DAassociatespr@gmail.com.
Show your support today! We appreciate your assistance in making this Annual Spring Event a cornerstone of our NCPA fundraising efforts.
Event details are posted on our website: www.noracroninpresentationacademy.org
To purchase tickets or sponsorships via credit card click here.
To purchase tickets or sponsorships via cash or check please email firstname.lastname@example.org
$150.00 per golfer – includes greens fees, cart, range balls, lockers, lunch cocktail hour, dinner, 2 hour open bar and welcome bag
$65.00 cocktail hour/dinner ticket – includes 2 hour open bar and dinner
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation