For Professional Advisors
Do My Clients Need The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
Answer these seven questions to find out!
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Please call 845-769-9393 to get started today, or email us directly.
Talking with your Clients about Charitable Giving
Many advisors face a delicate dilemma. They want to discuss charitable giving with their clients, but they need to avoid appearing to influence their clients to support a specific charity. That’s where the Community Foundation is your partner in philanthropy.
The Community Foundation is a single, convenient vehicle for meeting a variety of your client’s charitable interests. We work through you. You stay in control of your client relationships.
We partner with you. We provide support, information, sample fund agreements, bequest language, and expertise on charitable giving and grantmaking.
We help you build stronger relationships with your clients. Your clients will appreciate the charitable impact and tax advantages you help them achieve.
We can help you as a professional advisor by providing:
- Personalized gift planning illustrations for your clients ranging from charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, wealth replacement options and insurance trust illustrations.
- Confidential gift planning – your client can create an anonymous charitable fund if they wish.
- Legal review of fund documents – the Community Foundation’s legal council will provide assistance with documents.
We offer flexibility for your clients: Whatever your client’s charitable wish – to support education, to aid the homeless and every imaginable charitable purpose in between, we can be a valuable resource. Your clients can select one or a combination of many types of funds in order to fulfill their charitable dreams, while achieving maximum tax benefits.
We will ensure that if a change of circumstances makes compliance with the terms of the gift instrument “unnecessary, undesirable, impractical or impossible,” we will carry on your client’s charitable wishes in perpetuity.
Please use the links to the right to learn more about our planned giving arrangements and educational resources available as you help your clients achieve their charitable ambitions.
Contact Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO, to access without charge, the gift planning experience of the Community Foundation.
Go Skate for Zane 2019 is setting up to be a huge success. The day will include a 5K Walk/Run,
Kids Fun Run, Skateboard Competition and Community Health Fair. The event will be covered by
local media: news and social. This amazing community collaboration with grass roots Newburgh
groups including We Are Newburgh , Shred Foundation , Blacc Vanilla and local skaters, will not be
possible without your support.
Keep It Moving is bringing together local organizations to help local young people with the
ambitious goal of saving lives by curbing opioid addiction through engagement in sports, nature and
the arts. Keep It Moving also provides Narcan Kits and training to anyone who needs them. In the
past year we have equipped more than 1,000 people in Newburgh and the Greater Orange County
area with this life saving tool. Keep It Moving strives to bring both life changing and life saving
measures to those affected by opioid overdose.
100% of proceeds raised from this event will be used to help young people in the Newburgh area by
subsidizing costs associated with healthful activities. Currently we are trying to raise funds to bring
Wild Earth Programing, an evidence-based, nature-centered program that promotes respect,
responsibility and resourcefulness, to area young people. Our hope is that engaging our young
people in these types of activities will give them focus and direction to lead them toward healthful
and productive futures while preventing them from making dangerous, unhealthy choices.
The CHSCF 5K Walk/Run at Beaver Brook pavilion benefits The Can’t Hurt Steel Community Foundation, which was created in 2016 by JJ Hanson and his wife Kristen, to enhance the quality of life for those living in our community. The foundation offers financial assistance to families experiencing a catastrophic loss or illness, provides health and wellness programming, as well as promotes community development. We hope you can join us! Run, walk, sponsor, buy raffles, enjoy spring activities, music, and eat some food. Don’t miss out on all the fun!
Your participation in this event helps CHS to continue to provide financial assistance to local families in their time of need and to sponsor fundraising events like spaghetti dinners, to help a greater number of families.CHS also uses the proceeds from this event to award scholarships to graduating seniors pursuing careers in health, wellness, and community development. CHS is currently working on creating fitness trails within a local section of state land. Running or walking in this event will help CHS continue on its mission to help others and improve the community in which we live. Thanks you for your support!
Event registration will start at 7:30am before the event. Please try to register online to make this process easier. Thank you!!
2nd Annual Dustin James Memorial Golf Outing
Registration & Lunch – 11:00 AM
Shotgun Start: 12:00 PM
Cocktail Hour: 5:30 PM
Awards Dinner: 6:30 PM
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for package details.
Use the button below to purchase Dinner Tickets:
Join us for our cocktail party fundraiser in the newly renovated space at the Stagecoach Inn. The restaurant will be closed to the public during this event to allow for dancing, drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
Early bird ticket pricing:
$110 Single Ticket
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment