For Professional Advisors
Do My Clients Need The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
Answer these seven questions to find out!
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Please call 845-769-9393 to get started today, or email us directly.
Talking with your Clients about Charitable Giving
Many advisors face a delicate dilemma. They want to discuss charitable giving with their clients, but they need to avoid appearing to influence their clients to support a specific charity. That’s where the Community Foundation is your partner in philanthropy.
The Community Foundation is a single, convenient vehicle for meeting a variety of your client’s charitable interests. We work through you. You stay in control of your client relationships.
We partner with you. We provide support, information, sample fund agreements, bequest language, and expertise on charitable giving and grantmaking.
We help you build stronger relationships with your clients. Your clients will appreciate the charitable impact and tax advantages you help them achieve.
We can help you as a professional advisor by providing:
- Personalized gift planning illustrations for your clients ranging from charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, wealth replacement options and insurance trust illustrations.
- Confidential gift planning – your client can create an anonymous charitable fund if they wish.
- Legal review of fund documents – the Community Foundation’s legal council will provide assistance with documents.
We offer flexibility for your clients: Whatever your client’s charitable wish – to support education, to aid the homeless and every imaginable charitable purpose in between, we can be a valuable resource. Your clients can select one or a combination of many types of funds in order to fulfill their charitable dreams, while achieving maximum tax benefits.
We will ensure that if a change of circumstances makes compliance with the terms of the gift instrument “unnecessary, undesirable, impractical or impossible,” we will carry on your client’s charitable wishes in perpetuity.
Please use the links to the right to learn more about our planned giving arrangements and educational resources available as you help your clients achieve their charitable ambitions.
Contact Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO, to access without charge, the gift planning experience of the Community Foundation.
*This year we will be creating wood pallet painting! You will be able to choose from a variety of stencils and designs!
Please join us for a wonderful night out! The St. Pat’s Ramble and Run For the Gold 5K Race Committee is hosting our annual Sip & Paint Event. Proceeds from this event will help benefit the families and organizations in our community, that are in need of assistance. We hope you can join us!
*We will also have a TRICKY TRAY and 50/50 raffle so don’t forget to bring cash to win some wonderful prizes!
Snacks & Beverages are Welcome!
To Register online follow the link and you can pay by using Paypal, credit or debit card.
You may mail in your name, number of guests attending, and check payable and mail to:
The Art Cottage
3020 Route 207
Campbell Hall, NY 10916
SAVE THE DATE
Join us as we honor our World War II and Korean War Veterans for their courageous sacrifices on behalf of our country.
Featuring Guest Speaker:
Sergeant Rocky Sickmann of the US Marines
United States Marine Corps Sergeant and P.O.W., Iranian Hostage Crisis
$55 per person
$35 for Active Duty Military and Veterans
FREE for WWII Veterans & Korean War Veteran Alumni
(Prices at the door will be an additional $10.)
For Sponsorship and Journal Ad opportunities, click here.
To make a donation to the Hudson Valley Honor Flight Endowment Fund, click here.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This event is closed for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17