For Professional Advisors
Do My Clients Need The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
Answer these seven questions to find out!
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Please call 845-769-9393 to get started today, or email us directly.
Talking with your Clients about Charitable Giving
Many advisors face a delicate dilemma. They want to discuss charitable giving with their clients, but they need to avoid appearing to influence their clients to support a specific charity. That’s where the Community Foundation is your partner in philanthropy.
The Community Foundation is a single, convenient vehicle for meeting a variety of your client’s charitable interests. We work through you. You stay in control of your client relationships.
We partner with you. We provide support, information, sample fund agreements, bequest language, and expertise on charitable giving and grantmaking.
We help you build stronger relationships with your clients. Your clients will appreciate the charitable impact and tax advantages you help them achieve.
We can help you as a professional advisor by providing:
- Personalized gift planning illustrations for your clients ranging from charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, wealth replacement options and insurance trust illustrations.
- Confidential gift planning – your client can create an anonymous charitable fund if they wish.
- Legal review of fund documents – the Community Foundation’s legal council will provide assistance with documents.
We offer flexibility for your clients: Whatever your client’s charitable wish – to support education, to aid the homeless and every imaginable charitable purpose in between, we can be a valuable resource. Your clients can select one or a combination of many types of funds in order to fulfill their charitable dreams, while achieving maximum tax benefits.
We will ensure that if a change of circumstances makes compliance with the terms of the gift instrument “unnecessary, undesirable, impractical or impossible,” we will carry on your client’s charitable wishes in perpetuity.
Please use the links to the right to learn more about our planned giving arrangements and educational resources available as you help your clients achieve their charitable ambitions.
Contact Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO, to access without charge, the gift planning experience of the Community Foundation.
Speakers: Marc Selden, J.D., LL.M., national recognized lecturer, Member: Cozen O’Connor, New York City, and Richard J. Shapiro, J.D., CELA.
This 2-credit charitable giving seminar, presented by the Community Foundation’s Professional Advisors Council, will teach you everything you need to know about asset protection planning and how you can help your clients preserve and protect their assets.
Registration & Networking: 4:30 – 5:30 PM
Buffet Dinner & Seminar: 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Credits: Attorneys – 2 CLE credits*; CPAs – 2 CPE credits*
RSVP by October 19
Limited seating. Reserve now.
*Credits are pending. This program is transitional and appropriate for experienced and newly admitted attorneys. The Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York has been certified by the New York State Continuing Education Board as an accredited provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York. Full and partial scholarships based on need are available. All requests are confidential.
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples