For Professional Advisors
Do My Clients Need The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
Is giving through a community foundation right for your clients?
Answer these seven questions to find out!
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Please call 845-769-9393 to get started today, or email us directly.
Talking with your Clients about Charitable Giving
Many advisors face a delicate dilemma. They want to discuss charitable giving with their clients, but they need to avoid appearing to influence their clients to support a specific charity. That’s where the Community Foundation is your partner in philanthropy.
The Community Foundation is a single, convenient vehicle for meeting a variety of your client’s charitable interests. We work through you. You stay in control of your client relationships.
We partner with you. We provide support, information, sample fund agreements, bequest language, and expertise on charitable giving and grantmaking.
We help you build stronger relationships with your clients. Your clients will appreciate the charitable impact and tax advantages you help them achieve.
We can help you as a professional advisor by providing:
- Personalized gift planning illustrations for your clients ranging from charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, wealth replacement options and insurance trust illustrations.
- Confidential gift planning – your client can create an anonymous charitable fund if they wish.
- Legal review of fund documents – the Community Foundation’s legal council will provide assistance with documents.
We offer flexibility for your clients: Whatever your client’s charitable wish – to support education, to aid the homeless and every imaginable charitable purpose in between, we can be a valuable resource. Your clients can select one or a combination of many types of funds in order to fulfill their charitable dreams, while achieving maximum tax benefits.
We will ensure that if a change of circumstances makes compliance with the terms of the gift instrument “unnecessary, undesirable, impractical or impossible,” we will carry on your client’s charitable wishes in perpetuity.
Please use the links to the right to learn more about our planned giving arrangements and educational resources available as you help your clients achieve their charitable ambitions.
Contact Elizabeth Rowley, President and CEO, to access without charge, the gift planning experience of the Community Foundation.
Reception and Opening Exhibit: Photographs of Newburgh Urban Gardens, by Nancy Layne, and Opening Sale of Newburgh Urban Gardens Calendar.
To purchase calendars click on the tickets link.
Pre-ordered calendars will be available for pick up at this event.
5K fun run at Stewart Airport on the Runway to support the Hudson Valley Cancer Resource Center! This is our 3rd annual 5K fun run, Saturday, April 28th at Stewart Airport! Register for the 5K on the Runway by April 7th before prices go up!!
Use code 5KRWY for $5 off pre-registration!!
Have you run with us before? Use code RE5K18
Come run or walk with us at Stewart Airport! We’ll have food, music, gifts and auction items!
Games, gardening, food and soil testing (bring your soil!) — all FREE fun for the whole family.
Grow food. Grow change.
Pre-ordered calendars will be available for pick up at this event.
Join us for a Day of Golf, Fun & Food
We are pleased to invite you to support our 7th Annual Golf Outing. Your contributions will directly support Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Research.
The funds we raise are awarded to The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), to continue our efforts in supporting research of vascular malformations of the brain and blood clotting disorders. We ask you to join our cause, support our foundation as a sponsor or golfer, and have a wonderful day celebrating the memory of Michael, the namesake of our foundation who passed away from a blood clotting disorder.
Thank you for your support!
On Saturday, May 12, 2018, NCPA will present a new Major Spring Fundraising Event, a Latin Dance Party Concert/Celebration featuring Tito Puente Jr. and his Ensemble, at the Ritz Theatre in Newburgh, NY. NCPA Board member Linda Magnusson Rosario and her husband Steve, have graciously agreed to underwrite this event, but we need your help to not only ensure a sold-out concert, but help pave the way to make this opportunity an annual spring fundraising event.
How can you help? It’s simple- please mark your calendar, and help publicize the event, become a NCPA Latin Dance Party Ambassador by reaching out to your personal and business contacts to become sponsors of the vent, to buy tickets and/or place an ad in the vent program.
We are also organizing a committee to assist with the event logistics, and if you’d like to be part of this committee, please contact me at DAassociatespr@gmail.com.
Show your support today! We appreciate your assistance in making this Annual Spring Event a cornerstone of our NCPA fundraising efforts.
Event details are posted on our website: www.noracroninpresentationacademy.org
Professional Advisors Seminar
2 credit* seminar and networking event on Tax Reform and the Job Act of 2017.
Speaker: John Rosenberger, CPA, CGMA, Tax Partner, Goldstein, Karlewicz and Goldstein
Fees: $35 Members of NYSSCPA; $40 non-members
LIMITED SEATING. RESERVE NOW.
CREDITS: Attorneys – 2 CLE credits*; CPAs = 2CPE Credits*
**Credits are pending. This program is transitional and appropriate for experienced and newly admitted attorneys. The Women’s Bar Association of the State of NY is certified by the NY State Continuing Education Board as an accredited provider of continuing legal education in the State of NY. Full & partial scholarships, based on need, are available. For guidelines & information, call Maureen Crush at 845-897-3400.
Connections & Conversations with The Other Side: An Evening with Psychic/Medium Deborah Hanlon
$45.00 per person includes light hors d’oeuvres. Cash bar.
Optional wine tasting from 6-7 pm, for an additional $12 per person, payable at the door.
Have you ever met Deborah? If you haven’t you are going to really WANT TO! Imagine a regular mom of three boys with a wild and intriguing ability to connect YOU with your loved ones who have crossed over!! Sit in amazement at her ability to be specific, make you laugh until you cry, and cry until you LAUGH. This is ONE event that cannot be repeated. We can assure you – There is NO OTHER Medium like Deborah Hanlon! Not everyone is guaranteed to receive a message but Deborah does her best to keep you entertained, informed and intrigued.
For more information about Deborah please click here.
To purchase tickets or sponsorships via credit card click here.
To purchase tickets or sponsorships via cash or check please email email@example.com
$150.00 per golfer – includes greens fees, cart, range balls, lockers, lunch cocktail hour, dinner, 2 hour open bar and welcome bag
$65.00 cocktail hour/dinner ticket – includes 2 hour open bar and dinner
Monday, July 9, 2018
Registration and Lunch to start at 11:00 AM
Shotgun Scramble Start at 12:00 PM
Cocktail Style Dining and Award Reception at 5:00 PM
Become a Sponsor:
Purchase Golf Tickets:
Purchase Dinner Tickets:
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation