2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
The Make A Difference Fund was established by the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan to provide grants to local organizations that provide services and programs to children of low-income, disadvantaged or distressed families. Over the past several years, various area nonprofits have received support from this fund for critical programs and services.
Applications for support from the 2018 grant cycle are now available, funding priority given to charitable tax-exempt organizations located in Orange and Sullivan County, New York that provide programs or services for children of low-income, disadvantaged or distressed families. This year, we are seeking applications for programs within the area of Orange and Sullivan that have a focus on science and technology. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Distribution Committee will consider multiple grants of up to $2,000. Applications must be received by August 1, 2018 and awards will be announced at the Foundation’s Annual Reception on November 14, 2018. Applications can be found here.
The 2017 Make A Difference Fund grant recipients were Grace Episcopal Church, HONOR ehg, Inc., Catskill Regional Medical Center and Interfaith Outreach United.
About the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan: Based in Montgomery, NY, the Foundation “connects people who care with causes that matter.” Established in 1999, the Foundation helps philanthropic individuals, businesses and organizations established charitable funds that award grants and scholarships, for good, forever. The Foundation has significantly increased the region’s charitable capital and has empowered donors to make a profound difference in the quality of life in our region. Since inception, the Foundation, with its donors and fund representatives, has awarded more than $10 million in grants and scholarships, including more than $400,000 in scholarships last year alone to 140 students from 27 school districts. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan has established more than 300 charitable funds that support animal welfare, arts and culture, community initiatives, education, the environment, health and human services, recreation and youth.
Pillars of the Community Awards Gala
Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 6PM
at Anthony’s Pier 9
Lifetime Achievement Honoree
Raena Endick Korenman
Newburgh Enlarged City School District – Retired
Women’s Health Champion
Distinguished Service Honorees
David M. Hoovler, Esq.
Orange County District Attorney
Orange Regional Medical Center
Improving the Health of our Community
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan