2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
The Make A Difference Fund was established by the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan to provide grants to local organizations that provide services and programs to children of low-income, disadvantaged or distressed families. Over the past several years, various area nonprofits have received support from this fund for critical programs and services.
Applications for support from the 2018 grant cycle are now available, funding priority given to charitable tax-exempt organizations located in Orange and Sullivan County, New York that provide programs or services for children of low-income, disadvantaged or distressed families. This year, we are seeking applications for programs within the area of Orange and Sullivan that have a focus on science and technology. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Distribution Committee will consider multiple grants of up to $2,000. Applications must be received by August 1, 2018 and awards will be announced at the Foundation’s Annual Reception on November 14, 2018. Applications can be found here.
The 2017 Make A Difference Fund grant recipients were Grace Episcopal Church, HONOR ehg, Inc., Catskill Regional Medical Center and Interfaith Outreach United.
About the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan: Based in Montgomery, NY, the Foundation “connects people who care with causes that matter.” Established in 1999, the Foundation helps philanthropic individuals, businesses and organizations established charitable funds that award grants and scholarships, for good, forever. The Foundation has significantly increased the region’s charitable capital and has empowered donors to make a profound difference in the quality of life in our region. Since inception, the Foundation, with its donors and fund representatives, has awarded more than $10 million in grants and scholarships, including more than $400,000 in scholarships last year alone to 140 students from 27 school districts. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan has established more than 300 charitable funds that support animal welfare, arts and culture, community initiatives, education, the environment, health and human services, recreation and youth.
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties