$420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2020 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
Students are encouraged to apply for available scholarships by April 15 deadline
MONTGOMERY, NY (March 10, 2020) – A total of nearly 150 scholarships worth nearly $420 thousand will be awarded this spring to students in Orange and Sullivan counties. High school seniors and adults returning to college are encouraged to apply for these scholarships which are available through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan (CFOS).
Students can apply online for scholarships at www.cfosny.org until April 15. After filling out a single application, they will be notified of which specific scholarships they are eligible for and whether those scholarships have additional application requirements. This streamlined process makes it easier for students to find the best fit scholarship opportunities for their unique circumstances and abilities.
“We’re proud to support deserving young people and other students realize their dreams of higher education or career training,” said Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan President and CEO Elizabeth Rowley. “A college education gets more costly each year and thanks to the generosity of our incredible donors, the Foundation is able to offer a wide range of scholarships annually which make a tremendous difference for local students and their families.”
For more information or to apply for scholarships, visit www.cfosny.org or call CFOS Programs and Donor Services Coordinator Melissa Pawlak at 845-769-9393.
About the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan (CFOS): Based in Montgomery, NY, the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan connects people who care with causes that matter. Established in 1999, the Foundation helps philanthropic individuals, businesses and organizations establish charitable funds that will award grants and scholarships, for good, forever. The Foundation has significantly increased the region’s charitable capital and has empowered donors to make a profound difference in the quality of life in our region. Since its inception, CFOS, with its donors and fund representatives, has awarded more than $15 million in grants and scholarships. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan currently administers 322 active charitable funds that represent more than $34 million in assets to support animal welfare, arts and culture, education, the environment, health and human services, recreation and youth. To learn more, visit cfosny.org.
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.
- Town of Montgomery Community Response Team and Cultivate Montgomery partner to support local seniors and families during coronavirus outbreak
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan launches Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund with $185 thousand commitment from initial funders
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2020 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces $13,500 in Grants Available Through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan