Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
College students Mallory Anderson and Haleigh Massa are charting a new path — as activists and fundraisers. Motivated by the tragic loss of a high school friend, they have started a charitable fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, making them the Foundation’s youngest fund representatives to date, and proving you do not have to be a millionaire to realize your charitable dreams and make a difference in your community.
These two inspiring girls — Anderson, 21, and Massa, 19 — created the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund in memory of Antonio Baglivo, a football player for the Goshen High School Gladiators who passed away at the young age of 16, along with two other teens, in a driver’s education car accident in nearby Warwick, NY.
Mallory and Haleigh established this fund to celebrate their friend’s life and ensure that his legacy lives on, now and forever. They are eager to grow their fund and give back to students. They have an ambitious goal to raise $25,000 within five years and are actively soliciting donations and selling T-shirts.
Beginning this year, Antonio’s graduating year, the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund will distribute a scholarship to a graduating senior of Goshen High School who, like Antonio, is a member of the football team and exhibits selflessness. Students interested in applying should see their guidance counselor.
Contributions to the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund may be made to CFOS-Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/scholarships/antonio-baglivo-memorial-scholarship-fund. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
Please get your supervisors approval before wearing jeans or sneakers. All casual attire must be appropriate for the work place and for whatever meetings or functions you will be attending that day. Please use your best judgement.
Cash or checks made payable to: “CFOS – Friends of the Orange County Youth Bureau”
After making your donation, proudly download and display the snowflakes below. Write in the names of the youth you are “SNOWING” you care about!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill