Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
College students Mallory Anderson and Haleigh Massa are charting a new path — as activists and fundraisers. Motivated by the tragic loss of a high school friend, they have started a charitable fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, making them the Foundation’s youngest fund representatives to date, and proving you do not have to be a millionaire to realize your charitable dreams and make a difference in your community.
These two inspiring girls — Anderson, 21, and Massa, 19 — created the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund in memory of Antonio Baglivo, a football player for the Goshen High School Gladiators who passed away at the young age of 16, along with two other teens, in a driver’s education car accident in nearby Warwick, NY.
Mallory and Haleigh established this fund to celebrate their friend’s life and ensure that his legacy lives on, now and forever. They are eager to grow their fund and give back to students. They have an ambitious goal to raise $25,000 within five years and are actively soliciting donations and selling T-shirts.
Beginning this year, Antonio’s graduating year, the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund will distribute a scholarship to a graduating senior of Goshen High School who, like Antonio, is a member of the football team and exhibits selflessness. Students interested in applying should see their guidance counselor.
Contributions to the Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund may be made to CFOS-Antonio Baglivo Memorial Scholarship Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/scholarships/antonio-baglivo-memorial-scholarship-fund. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
*This year we will be creating wood pallet painting! You will be able to choose from a variety of stencils and designs!
Please join us for a wonderful night out! The St. Pat’s Ramble and Run For the Gold 5K Race Committee is hosting our annual Sip & Paint Event. Proceeds from this event will help benefit the families and organizations in our community, that are in need of assistance. We hope you can join us!
*We will also have a TRICKY TRAY and 50/50 raffle so don’t forget to bring cash to win some wonderful prizes!
Snacks & Beverages are Welcome!
To Register online follow the link and you can pay by using Paypal, credit or debit card.
You may mail in your name, number of guests attending, and check payable and mail to:
The Art Cottage
3020 Route 207
Campbell Hall, NY 10916
SAVE THE DATE
Join us as we honor our World War II and Korean War Veterans for their courageous sacrifices on behalf of our country.
Featuring Guest Speaker:
Sergeant Rocky Sickmann of the US Marines
United States Marine Corps Sergeant and P.O.W., Iranian Hostage Crisis
$55 per person
$35 for Active Duty Military and Veterans
FREE for WWII Veterans & Korean War Veteran Alumni
(Prices at the door will be an additional $10.)
For Sponsorship and Journal Ad opportunities, click here.
To make a donation to the Hudson Valley Honor Flight Endowment Fund, click here.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This event is closed for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17