Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan concluded another record breaking year June 30, with over $1.5million in charitable grants and scholarships distributed during the year and total assets of just over $29million. During the 2017/2018 fiscal year, 44 new funds were established by thoughtful friends, neighbors and businesses that will benefit area students and nonprofit causes in perpetuity. The new year also brings a change in the leadership of the Board of Directors, as Timothy S. McCausland, Managing Director of Orange Bank & Trust Company, becomes the Chair of the Board, succeeding Josh Sommers, President and CEO of Focus Media. Mr. Sommers served as Chair from 2016-2018, during which time assets of the Foundation grew from $18million to $29million. This significant growth is due to the outstanding board he led paired with the hard work of a professional staff and loyal community volunteers.
Mr. McCausland, an attorney and Sullivan County resident, brings a plethora of invaluable experience and knowledge and the Foundation will continue to thrive under his leadership. Having joined the Board of Directors in 2009, Mr. McCausland has been a strong advocate for the Community Foundation for over nine years. His extensive background in legal matters, private banking and economic development will support Mr. McCausland’s role as an exceptional board leader for the Foundation. “I am honored to be selected by my director colleagues to chair this great organization. Josh Sommers concludes a superb turn as chair and his efforts will be hard to match. I look forward to working with Elizabeth and her team of professionals over the next two years to continue the support of so many great causes that directly impact the lives of our neighbors,” said Mr. McCausland.
The Foundation thanks outgoing Chairman Josh Sommers, President of Focus Media, for two successful years of leadership. Mr. Sommers joined the Board of Directors of the Community Foundation in 2006 and been part of the organization’s continued growth. “It has been one of my proudest professional moments serving as Chairman of the Community Foundation Board. CFOS serves a vital role in helping members of our community and facilitating philanthropy in our region. I look forward to continuing to be a part of this great organization,” said Mr. Sommers. As a former radio personality and current president of a thriving full-service communications agency, Mr. Sommers has played an important role in bringing the Foundation to new heights. Mr. Sommers joins a distinguished list of the Foundation’s past chairpersons including Ruth B. Kassel, Esq., founding Board Chair (1999-2002), Richard J. Smith (2003-2009), Gerald N. Jacobowitz, Esq. (2010-2012), and Derrik Wynkoop (2013-2016).
Use the button below to purchase Dinner Tickets:
Join us for our cocktail party fundraiser in the newly renovated space at the Stagecoach Inn. The restaurant will be closed to the public during this event to allow for dancing, drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
Early bird ticket pricing:
$110 Single Ticket
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment