Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
The Make a Difference Fund was established by the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan to provide grants to local organizations that provide services and programs to children of low-income, disadvantaged or distressed families. In 2017, grants were awarded to programs focused in the area of food and nutrition. Each summer, the Distribution Committee, comprised of the Foundation’s Board Members and community volunteers, reviews a high volume of applications to determine which organizations will receive grants in Orange and Sullivan counties.
The Board of Directors was proud to announce the 2017 Orange County grant recipients at this year’s Annual Reception on November 15. Representatives from each organization attended the event and joined the Foundation’s leadership for a grant presentation. Grace Episcopal Church was awarded a grant of $1,500 to assist with funding for The Guild of St. Margaret Soup Kitchen, which is located in Middletown, provides hot meals two times a day, all year round. HONOR ehg, Inc., which provides services to people who are battling chemical dependency, in need of temporary or transitional housing or require crisis intervention, received a grant of $1,000 to assist with funding for their Mobile Food Outreach Program. This program offers meals to individuals who are living on the streets and are not in the HONOR shelter.
Contributions to The Make A Difference Fund may be made to CFOS-Make A Difference Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at www.cfosny.org. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland