Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
The Make a Difference Fund was established by the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan to provide grants to local organizations that provide services and programs to children of low-income, disadvantaged or distressed families. In 2017, grants were awarded to programs focused in the area of food and nutrition. Each summer, the Distribution Committee, comprised of the Foundation’s Board Members and community volunteers, reviews a high volume of applications to determine which organizations will receive grants in Orange and Sullivan counties.
The Board of Directors was proud to announce the 2017 Orange County grant recipients at this year’s Annual Reception on November 15. Representatives from each organization attended the event and joined the Foundation’s leadership for a grant presentation. Catskill Regional Medical Center was awarded a grant of $1,500 for their collaborative monthly education sessions with Liberty Central Schools. Support from the Make a Difference Fund will fund their program focused on dental health and obesity, with a focus on the impact of sugar on the body. Interfaith Outreach United recieved a grant of $1,000 to help fund the Sullivan West School Backpack Program which distributes backpacks filled with food to students who need it before they go home for the weekends and school breaks.
Contributions to The Make A Difference Fund may be made to CFOS-Make A Difference Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at www.cfosny.org. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
Pillars of the Community Awards Gala
Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 6PM
at Anthony’s Pier 9
Lifetime Achievement Honoree
Raena Endick Korenman
Newburgh Enlarged City School District – Retired
Women’s Health Champion
Distinguished Service Honorees
David M. Hoovler, Esq.
Orange County District Attorney
Orange Regional Medical Center
Improving the Health of our Community
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan