Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is thrilled to announce the recent addition of an online scholarship application system called Foundant. Highly recommended by fellow Community Foundations across the county, Foundant is an online application portal that allows students to be matched to scholarships that they are eligible for and apply for them all through an accessible online system. With this enhanced technology, it is anticipated that even more students will be able to identify and apply for scholarships at the Foundation.
In 2019, it is anticipated that over $400,000 in scholarships will be available to students throughout the Hudson Valley and the Community Foundation is ecstatic to launch a clear, concise and accessible application process for area students to access the funds. Scholarships range from $250 to $20,000 based on various criteria and are offered to students and adults pursuing a wide range of continuing education. From journalism and law enforcement to medicine and agriculture, the Community Foundation is proud to administer over 100 scholarships to support those students eager to further their education. “As we move into the future, this online system will greatly enhance our ability to support area students – now and forever, while ensuring that our many donors’ wishes are honored,” said Elizabeth Rowley, CFOS President and CEO.
Are you or someone you know looking for financial support towards continuing education? Visit www.cfosny.org to apply today! Scholarship recipients are decided by various selections committees and applying does not guarantee an award.
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.
- Town of Montgomery Community Response Team and Cultivate Montgomery partner to support local seniors and families during coronavirus outbreak
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan launches Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund with $185 thousand commitment from initial funders
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2020 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces $13,500 in Grants Available Through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan