Community Foundation Scholarship Reception a huge success
On Thursday, July 14, 2011, the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan hosted a Scholarship Reception in honor of their 2011 scholarship recipients from the scholarship funds it administers. Seventy five scholarship winners, their families, donor fund representatives, and board members were in attendance to celebrate the milestone event.
“This was the first time many fund representatives, who had the vision to create a scholarship fund, had the opportunity to meet the recipients and their families. The Community Foundation administers more than 100 charitable funds, 52 of which are scholarship funds, providing a profound impact on Hudson Valley students (and families) who desire a higher education,“ said Karen VanHouten Minogue, Executive Director.
“We are very pleased to have positively affected 87 scholarship students and to assist in their higher education at 56 institutions this year. Giving donors the opportunity to meet the students face to face was an exciting event,” said Community Foundation Board President, Gerald N. Jacobowitz. Since the Community Foundation’s inception in 1999, nearly $1 million in scholarships have been awarded.
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, a 501(c)(3) public charity was created to help individuals, organizations, and businesses establish charitable endowments. To create your own charitable endowment or to make a contribution to a fund within the Community Foundation contact Karen VanHouten Minogue at email@example.com or 845-769-9393.
- Grant Applications are Being Accepted by the Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation
- 11th Annual DaHunt for the Cure Event Raises $80,000 for Hudson Valley Charities
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announces $10,000 in Make a Difference grants available to local 501c3 organizations
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund grants continue to support nonprofits addressing critical needs
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Welcomes the Montgomery Food Pantry Fund