Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
The Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation, a component fund of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, will award grants to charitable organizations and community programs/projects in the Sullivan County area. In his and his wife’s names, this fund was established by Lazare Kaplan, a world-renowned diamond cutter most famously known for cutting the 726-carat Jonker diamond in 1936. In their memory, The Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation will forever distribute grants and scholarships to residents and organizations of Sullivan County, specifically in the Town of Rockland.
Grants in the amount of $250 and higher, depending on need and merit, will be considered for those organizations that best exemplify The Kaplan Foundation mission statement “to get the kids off the streets.” Examples of programs within the mission statement include, but are not limited to, education to individuals in the arts, sciences and trades, as well as programs like after school activities, educational support, competitions, and recreational facilities, etc.
Those organizations interested in applying for this grant must be located in the Town of Rockland, and must demonstrate financial need with projects or programs that epitomize the mission statement. As per the Foundation’s mission, applications from organizations located in Livingston Manor will be given priority and if there is a surplus of funds, applications from other areas in the Town of Rockland will then be considered. To download an application click here. All grant applications should be completed in full and returned to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan for review and consideration no later than October 1, 2018.
Contributions to the fund may be made to CFOS- Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made here. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
2nd Annual Dustin James Memorial Golf Outing
Registration & Lunch – 11:00 AM
Shotgun Start: 12:00 PM
Cocktail Hour: 5:30 PM
Awards Dinner: 6:30 PM
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for package details.
Use the button below to purchase Dinner Tickets:
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment