Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
The Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation, a component fund of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, will award grants to charitable organizations and community programs/projects in the Sullivan County area. In his and his wife’s names, this fund was established by Lazare Kaplan, a world-renowned diamond cutter most famously known for cutting the 726-carat Jonker diamond in 1936. In their memory, The Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation will forever distribute grants and scholarships to residents and organizations of Sullivan County, specifically in the Town of Rockland.
Grants in the amount of $250 and higher, depending on need and merit, will be considered for those organizations that best exemplify The Kaplan Foundation mission statement “to get the kids off the streets.” Examples of programs within the mission statement include, but are not limited to, education to individuals in the arts, sciences and trades, as well as programs like after school activities, educational support, competitions, and recreational facilities, etc.
Those organizations interested in applying for this grant must be located in the Town of Rockland, and must demonstrate financial need with projects or programs that epitomize the mission statement. As per the Foundation’s mission, applications from organizations located in Livingston Manor will be given priority and if there is a surplus of funds, applications from other areas in the Town of Rockland will then be considered. To download an application click here. All grant applications should be completed in full and returned to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan for review and consideration no later than October 1, 2018.
Contributions to the fund may be made to CFOS- Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made here. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland