Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
In late December of 2016, the Kotin family tragically lost their 15 year old son Jacob as a result of his struggle with anxiety and depression. In Jacob’s honor, his grandmother Sandra Kotin established the Jacob Kotin Teens in Crisis Fund to assist others who are facing similar challenges.
In his memory, the Jacob Kotin Teens in Crisis Fund will forever distribute grants to mental health organizations serving teens ranging from ages 13-19 based in Orange and Sullivan Counties. Through these grants, teens in these counties, needing assistance with issues relating to bullying, depression and anxiety who otherwise couldn’t afford it, will be helped by healthcare professionals.
Those interested in applying for this grant must be residents of Orange or Sullivan Counties, and must demonstrate financial need and should visit www.cfosny.org and download an application. All grant applications should be completed in full and returned to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan for review and consideration.
Contributions to the fund may be made to CFOS- Jacob Kotin Teens in Crisis Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/field-of-interest/jacob-kotin-teens-in-crisis-fund/. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
Please get your supervisors approval before wearing jeans or sneakers. All casual attire must be appropriate for the work place and for whatever meetings or functions you will be attending that day. Please use your best judgement.
Cash or checks made payable to: “CFOS – Friends of the Orange County Youth Bureau”
After making your donation, proudly download and display the snowflakes below. Write in the names of the youth you are “SNOWING” you care about!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill