Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
In late December of 2016, the Kotin family tragically lost their 15 year old son Jacob as a result of his struggle with anxiety and depression. In Jacob’s honor, his grandmother Sandra Kotin established the Jacob Kotin Teens in Crisis Fund to assist others who are facing similar challenges.
In his memory, the Jacob Kotin Teens in Crisis Fund will forever distribute grants to mental health organizations serving teens ranging from ages 13-19 based in Orange and Sullivan Counties. Through these grants, teens in these counties, needing assistance with issues relating to bullying, depression and anxiety who otherwise couldn’t afford it, will be helped by healthcare professionals.
Those interested in applying for this grant must be residents of Orange or Sullivan Counties, and must demonstrate financial need and should visit www.cfosny.org and download an application. All grant applications should be completed in full and returned to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan for review and consideration.
Contributions to the fund may be made to CFOS- Jacob Kotin Teens in Crisis Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/field-of-interest/jacob-kotin-teens-in-crisis-fund/. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties