Fiscal Sponsorship Awarded to Goshen Art League
The Goshen Art League has been awarded fiscal sponsorship by the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This step allows the League to accept tax deductible contributions and work in partnership with an organization that shares its goals in bringing art awareness to the community.
The Goshen Art League was recently named “Cultural Organization of the Year” by the Goshen Chamber of Commerce. In 2016, the League sponsored six exhibits at the Goshen Music Hall, hosted three art walks that attracted hundreds of people, and conducted workshops for seniors, their member artists and the general public. Art League members also offered demonstrations in art techniques at the Chamber of Commerce Business Expo and added a creative mood to the weekly Goshen Farm Market by painting on canvas outdoors while customers shopped.
The Board of Directors and staff of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan provides fiscal sponsorship for tax-exempt, charitable projects that further the purposes of the Foundation. Primary beneficiaries of sponsorship services are typically new charities without an IRS determination letter and community groups planning a specific, finite project that is clearly charitable in nature and in furtherance of the charitable purposes of the Foundation. To apply, please download the application by visiting www.cfosny.org. All applications must be reviewed and approved by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. This is 1 of 13 fiscal sponsorships the Foundation currently administers. Other fiscal sponsorships include Newburgh Illuminated, Photographers for Hope, and the Sullivan County Nonprofit Leadership Summit.
Contributions to the fund may be made to CFOS- Goshen Art League and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/fiscal-sponsorships/goshen-art-league/. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland