Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
Applications are now being accepted from organizations that best exemplify The Kaplan Foundation mission statement “to get the kids off the streets of Livingston Manor.” Grants in the amount of $250 and higher, depending on need and merit, will be considered. Examples of programs within the mission statement include, but are not limited to, education to individuals in the arts, sciences and trades, as well as programs such as afterschool activities, educational support, competitions, and recreational facilities, etc.
Those organizations interested in applying for this grant must demonstrate financial need and provide programs and/or services for young people within the Town of Rockland. To download an application, visit www.cfosny.org. All grant applications should be completed in full and returned to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan for review and consideration by November 10, 2017.
The Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation, a component fund of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, was established by Lazare Kaplan, a world renowned diamond cutter most famously known for cutting the 726-carat Jonker diamond in 1936. The Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation will distribute grants and scholarships to residents and organizations of Sullivan County, specifically in the Town of Rockland in perpetuity.
About the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan: Based in Montgomery, NY, the Foundation “connects people who care with causes that matter.” Established in 1999, the Foundation helps philanthropic individuals, businesses and organizations establish charitable funds that award grants and scholarships, for good, for ever. The Foundation has significantly increased the region’s charitable capital and has empowered donors to make a profound difference in the quality of life in our region. Since inception, the Foundation — with its donors and fund representatives — has awarded
$10 million in grants and scholarships, including more than $400,000 in scholarships this year alone to 178 students from 41 different school districts. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan has established more than 280 charitable funds that now represent $24.9 million in assets to support animal welfare, arts and culture, community initiatives, education, the environment, health and human services, recreation and youth.
Speakers: Marc Selden, J.D., LL.M., national recognized lecturer, Member: Cozen O’Connor, New York City, and Richard J. Shapiro, J.D., CELA.
This 2-credit charitable giving seminar, presented by the Community Foundation’s Professional Advisors Council, will teach you everything you need to know about asset protection planning and how you can help your clients preserve and protect their assets.
Registration & Networking: 4:30 – 5:30 PM
Buffet Dinner & Seminar: 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Credits: Attorneys – 2 CLE credits*; CPAs – 2 CPE credits*
RSVP by October 19
Limited seating. Reserve now.
*Credits are pending. This program is transitional and appropriate for experienced and newly admitted attorneys. The Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York has been certified by the New York State Continuing Education Board as an accredited provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York. Full and partial scholarships based on need are available. All requests are confidential.
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples