Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
The Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund grant applications for 2019 are now available. Eligible organizations are those providing services in Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Putnam, Sullivan and Rockland counties and are dedicated to rescuing, sheltering and defending animals. In 2019, the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s selections committee will consider grants ranging from $1,000 to $13,000.
The Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund was established in 2015 through a generous bequest from Jean Rowe and will provide financial assistance to nonprofit animal welfare agencies throughout the Hudson Valley in perpetuity. Since inception, over $32,000 has been awarded to support a variety of capital and project expenses for several nonprofit animal organizations in the region.
Past grant recipients include Will Spay, Inc., Humane Society of Middletown, Inc., The Friends of Green Chimneys, Goshen Humane Society, Inc., Humane Society of Walden, Inc., Pets Alive, Inc., The Animal Rights Alliance, Inc., The Ulster County SPCA, Hudson Valley SPCA, Rocky’s Refuge, Warwick Valley Humane Society, and Clopon’s Safe Haven Rescue.
Completed applications must be received by March 18, 2019 and awards will be announced in May. Click here to download an application.
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides 134 Nonprofits With a Virtual Fundraising Day
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund surpasses $520,000 raised
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides Online Funding Opportunity in a Time of Social Distancing
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.