Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
The Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant applications are now available. Eligible organizations are those providing services in Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Putnam, Sullivan and Rockland counties and are dedicated to rescuing, sheltering and defending animals. In 2018, the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s selections committee will consider grants ranging from $1,000 to $12,000.
The Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund was established through a generous bequest from Jean Rowe to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. In Jeans memory, this fund will provide financial assistance to nonprofit animal welfare agencies throughout the Hudson Valley in perpetuity.
Applications must be received by March 19, 2018 and awards will be announced in May. Applications can be found here.
Past grant recipients include Will Spay, Inc., Humane Society of Middletown, Inc., The Friends of Green Chimneys, Goshen Humane Society, Inc., Humane Society of Walden, Inc., Pets Alive, Inc., The Animal Rights Alliance, Inc., and The Ulster County SPCA.
Includes wine, light food, and two (2) painted glasses to take home. Raffles will also be available.
The CHSCF 5K Walk/Run at Beaver Brook pavilion benefits The Can’t Hurt Steel Community Foundation, which was created in 2016 by JJ Hanson and his wife Kristen, to enhance the quality of life for those living in our community. The foundation offers financial assistance to families experiencing a catastrophic loss or illness, provides health and wellness programming, as well as promotes community development. We hope you can join us! Run, walk, sponsor, buy raffles, enjoy spring activities, music, and eat some food. Don’t miss out on all the fun!
Your participation in this event helps CHS to continue to provide financial assistance to local families in their time of need and to sponsor fundraising events like spaghetti dinners, to help a greater number of families.CHS also uses the proceeds from this event to award scholarships to graduating seniors pursuing careers in health, wellness, and community development. CHS is currently working on creating fitness trails within a local section of state land. Running or walking in this event will help CHS continue on its mission to help others and improve the community in which we live. Thanks you for your support!
Event registration will start at 7:30am before the event. Please try to register online to make this process easier. Thank you!!
2nd Annual Dustin James Memorial Golf Outing
Registration & Lunch – 11:00 AM
Shotgun Start: 12:00 PM
Cocktail Hour: 5:30 PM
Awards Dinner: 6:30 PM
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for package details.
Use the button below to purchase Dinner Tickets:
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment