Justin T. Dimino Memorial Scholarship Fund established
The Justin T. Dimino Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established as a component charitable fund of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This fund was created by Justin’s family to honor and memorialize Justin who passed away suddenly on January 9, 2011 at the age of 16. “Justin will forever hold a special place in all our hearts,” said Justin’s mother, Stephanie Stack.
Justin Dimino was in his junior year at Monroe-Woodbury High School at the time of his passing. According to Justin’s family, he was a boy who lit up the room with his smile and personality. Justin was the starting defensive back for the Championship Crusader Football Team at Monroe-Woodbury High School. Football was the love of his life, as was his family and friends.
Through the Justin T. Dimino Scholarship Fund, a scholarship will be awarded annually, beginning in June 2012, the year Justin would have graduated from Monroe-Woodbury High School. The scholarship will be awarded to a graduating member of the varsity football team at Monroe-Woodbury High School who has achieved a B average or better.
The Justin T. Dimino Scholarship Fund is facilitated through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, a 501(c)(3) public charity that was created to help individuals, organizations, and businesses establish charitable endowment funds to benefit their community. To make a gift to this Fund, please make check payable to CFOS-Justin T. Dimino Scholarship Fund, and mail to the Community Foundation at 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 202, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure on-line donations may be made to the Justin T. Dimino Scholarship Fund at cfoc-ny.org. For more information, please contact the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
- Grant Applications are Being Accepted by the Lazare and Charlotte Kaplan Foundation
- 11th Annual DaHunt for the Cure Event Raises $80,000 for Hudson Valley Charities
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announces $10,000 in Make a Difference grants available to local 501c3 organizations
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund grants continue to support nonprofits addressing critical needs
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Welcomes the Montgomery Food Pantry Fund