Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
Family members of the late Christine Verheyleweghen Thomas have recently established a charitable fund in her memory at the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, ensuring her legacy is carried on forever. The Christine Thomas Memorial Fund for Helping Others will provide grants to nonprofits that support suicide prevention initiatives. Scholarships may also be awarded to graduates of Minisink Valley High School.
Christine spent nineteen years as a school counselor for both the Minisink Valley and Port Jervis school districts. She was a tireless advocate for those in need, which was made evident by the countless students who maintained contact long after they parted ways professionally. This fund, established in her honor, will forever memorialize Christine for her lifetime of love and “helping others.”
Charitable contributions to Christine Thomas Memorial Fund for Helping Others may be made to CFOS-Christine Thomas Memorial Fund for Helping Others and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made here. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
About the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan: Based in Montgomery, NY, the Foundation “connects people who care with causes that matter.” Established in 1999, the Foundation helps philanthropic individuals, businesses and organizations establish charitable funds that award grants and scholarships, for good, for ever. The Foundation has significantly increased the region’s charitable capital and has empowered donors to make a profound difference in the quality of life in our region. Since inception, the Foundation — with its donors and fund representatives — has awarded
$10 million in grants and scholarships, including more than $400,000 in scholarships this year alone to 178 students from 41 different school districts. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan has established more than 280 charitable funds that now represent $24.9 million in assets to support animal welfare, arts and culture, community initiatives, education, the environment, health and human services, recreation and youth.
Speakers: Marc Selden, J.D., LL.M., national recognized lecturer, Member: Cozen O’Connor, New York City, and Richard J. Shapiro, J.D., CELA.
This 2-credit charitable giving seminar, presented by the Community Foundation’s Professional Advisors Council, will teach you everything you need to know about asset protection planning and how you can help your clients preserve and protect their assets.
Registration & Networking: 4:30 – 5:30 PM
Buffet Dinner & Seminar: 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Credits: Attorneys – 2 CLE credits*; CPAs – 2 CPE credits*
RSVP by October 19
Limited seating. Reserve now.
*Credits are pending. This program is transitional and appropriate for experienced and newly admitted attorneys. The Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York has been certified by the New York State Continuing Education Board as an accredited provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York. Full and partial scholarships based on need are available. All requests are confidential.
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples