Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
Museum Village, an open-air historical museum located in Monroe, has recently established an Agency Endowment Fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This fund was created by the Staff and Board of Directors to ensure the long-term sustainability of this unique museum that offers visitors the opportunity to explore vignettes of 19th century American life.
Museum Village was established in 1950 by Roscoe William Smith with a vision to educate generations of Americans about the work and life of their ancestors. His work was not in vain with the museum in its sixty-eighth year of successful operation. The establishment of the fund within CFOS is sweetened by the contributing force of the late Mr. Smith’s granddaughter Nan Russell and her husband Pat, who feel a special connection with the museum and property. Nan had a close relationship with her grandfather and remembers fondly the time spent with him and his eclectic collection of historical pieces.
Amongst those in support of this latest plan for long term success if Michael Sosler, Executive Director of Museum Village. “The establishment of this fund furthers the legacy of Roscoe Smith and his vision of ‘Old Museum Village of Smith’s Clove.’ This will also prove the endurance of Museum Village and will allow us to continue into the future. This endowment is being set aside to maintain the buildings and protect the valuable assets of this museum. Because of the generosity of Nan and Pat Russell, future generations will enjoy this remarkable 19th Century Living History Museum for many years to come” said Michael.
About Museum Village: Museum Village is a living history museum preserving a vast collection of eclectic, 19th century artifacts for educational purposes. Using these artifacts and reproductions, we provide hands-on experiences and exhibits illustrating the transition from a rural to an industrial culture and economy in America, provoking thought and discussion about history.
Contributions to the fund may be made to CFOS-Museum Village Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange & Sullivan. Secure online donations can be made here.
Gather Round The Table for a
Good Meal with Good Company…
Join us as we celebrate A Single Bite, a nonprofit organization with a mission to empower young people to care about the food they eat and where it comes from. Real food, healthy choices.
Saturday, November 23, 2019
6:00 PM Reception
6:45 PM Dinner
Inspired and executed by DeBruce Executive Chef, Aksel Theilkuhl
Purchase tickets below:
Hosted by Foster Supply Hospitality.
A Single Bite’s mailing address is:
PO Box 595
Youngsville, NY 12791
- 20K in Grants Will Mark Community Foundation’s 20th Anniversary Celebration & Annual Reception
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan