Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
Safe Harbors of the Hudson is a large scale, mixed-use, re-development project in the City of Newburgh, NY, with the mission of transforming lives and building community through housing and the arts. The Safe Harbors project includes the Cornerstone Residence, supportive housing for 128 of our neighbors; the Lobby at the Ritz, a 120 seat performing arts venue; the Ann Street Gallery, a contemporary visual arts venue; Safe Harbors Green, a half-acre urban park and anchor green space in Newburgh’s downtown; and the historic Ritz Theater, which Safe Harbors is restoring as a performing arts space for community creation, education, presentation and engagement.
To ensure their impactful work continues, Safe Harbors of the Hudson recently established an endowment fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This fund was established by the forward-thinking Board of Directors and the generous support of donors who have a strong commitment to and belief in Safe Harbors and its ability to affect positive change in the City of Newburgh. The endowment fund will create a vehicle for immediate and planned giving that will support Safe Harbors of the Hudson and provide for its long-term sustainability and growth. “As Executive Director of Safe Harbors of the Hudson, I am thrilled to be working with the Community Foundation to plan for the future sustainability of Safe Harbors of the Hudson. The board joins me in thanking the Foundation for serving our community and supporting impactful organizations like ours,” says Lisa Silverstone.
Contributions to the Safe Harbors Endowment Fund may be made to CFOS-Safe Harbors Endowment Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/agency-endowment/safe-harbors-of-the-hudson-endowment-fund/. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
Speakers: Marc Selden, J.D., LL.M., national recognized lecturer, Member: Cozen O’Connor, New York City, and Richard J. Shapiro, J.D., CELA.
This 2-credit charitable giving seminar, presented by the Community Foundation’s Professional Advisors Council, will teach you everything you need to know about asset protection planning and how you can help your clients preserve and protect their assets.
Registration & Networking: 4:30 – 5:30 PM
Buffet Dinner & Seminar: 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Credits: Attorneys – 2 CLE credits*; CPAs – 2 CPE credits*
RSVP by October 19
Limited seating. Reserve now.
*Credits are pending. This program is transitional and appropriate for experienced and newly admitted attorneys. The Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York has been certified by the New York State Continuing Education Board as an accredited provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York. Full and partial scholarships based on need are available. All requests are confidential.
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman
- Donations Sought to Install Clock in the Hamlet of Wallkill
- Christopher Page Memorial Scholarship Established Within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017