Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
Safe Harbors of the Hudson is a large scale, mixed-use, re-development project in the City of Newburgh, NY, with the mission of transforming lives and building community through housing and the arts. The Safe Harbors project includes the Cornerstone Residence, supportive housing for 128 of our neighbors; the Lobby at the Ritz, a 120 seat performing arts venue; the Ann Street Gallery, a contemporary visual arts venue; Safe Harbors Green, a half-acre urban park and anchor green space in Newburgh’s downtown; and the historic Ritz Theater, which Safe Harbors is restoring as a performing arts space for community creation, education, presentation and engagement.
To ensure their impactful work continues, Safe Harbors of the Hudson recently established an endowment fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This fund was established by the forward-thinking Board of Directors and the generous support of donors who have a strong commitment to and belief in Safe Harbors and its ability to affect positive change in the City of Newburgh. The endowment fund will create a vehicle for immediate and planned giving that will support Safe Harbors of the Hudson and provide for its long-term sustainability and growth. “As Executive Director of Safe Harbors of the Hudson, I am thrilled to be working with the Community Foundation to plan for the future sustainability of Safe Harbors of the Hudson. The board joins me in thanking the Foundation for serving our community and supporting impactful organizations like ours,” says Lisa Silverstone.
Contributions to the Safe Harbors Endowment Fund may be made to CFOS-Safe Harbors Endowment Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/agency-endowment/safe-harbors-of-the-hudson-endowment-fund/. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY. The 2017 Scholarship Reception will immediately follow this meeting at 5:00PM.
This event is by invite ONLY. For more information please contact the Event Organizer listed.
Red Sox vs Yankees
August 12, 2017, Saturday 4:05 PM
Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York
11:30 am Depart Liberty Darbee Lane Parking Lot
Pickups in Monticello, Rock Hill, Wurtsboro, Circleville & Monroe
2:00 pm Arrive at Yankee Stadium
4:05 pm PLAY BALL – Red Sox vs Yankees
*7:30 pm Depart Yankee Stadium
10:30 pm Return to Liberty
*Itinerary subject to change depending on when game ends and traffic volume
All packages include: R/T Motor Coach, ticket to game, CD Trips
snack pack, CD Trips onboard guide, feature movie, games &
giveaways, bus driver gratuity and lots of fun. Optional Last Licks
Boxed Lunch (Add $12).
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
- Zylofone Performing Arts Center for Special Needs Establishes Agency Endowment Fund
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces Available Grants
- Fiscal Sponsorship Awarded to Goshen Art League
- Famed Local Blues Musician to be Remembered, New Fund Established at CFOS to Award Grants & Scholarships in Memory of Bill Perry