Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
Safe Harbors of the Hudson is a large scale, mixed-use, re-development project in the City of Newburgh, NY, with the mission of transforming lives and building community through housing and the arts. The Safe Harbors project includes the Cornerstone Residence, supportive housing for 128 of our neighbors; the Lobby at the Ritz, a 120 seat performing arts venue; the Ann Street Gallery, a contemporary visual arts venue; Safe Harbors Green, a half-acre urban park and anchor green space in Newburgh’s downtown; and the historic Ritz Theater, which Safe Harbors is restoring as a performing arts space for community creation, education, presentation and engagement.
To ensure their impactful work continues, Safe Harbors of the Hudson recently established an endowment fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This fund was established by the forward-thinking Board of Directors and the generous support of donors who have a strong commitment to and belief in Safe Harbors and its ability to affect positive change in the City of Newburgh. The endowment fund will create a vehicle for immediate and planned giving that will support Safe Harbors of the Hudson and provide for its long-term sustainability and growth. “As Executive Director of Safe Harbors of the Hudson, I am thrilled to be working with the Community Foundation to plan for the future sustainability of Safe Harbors of the Hudson. The board joins me in thanking the Foundation for serving our community and supporting impactful organizations like ours,” says Lisa Silverstone.
Contributions to the Safe Harbors Endowment Fund may be made to CFOS-Safe Harbors Endowment Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/agency-endowment/safe-harbors-of-the-hudson-endowment-fund/. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
*This year we will be creating wood pallet painting! You will be able to choose from a variety of stencils and designs!
Please join us for a wonderful night out! The St. Pat’s Ramble and Run For the Gold 5K Race Committee is hosting our annual Sip & Paint Event. Proceeds from this event will help benefit the families and organizations in our community, that are in need of assistance. We hope you can join us!
*We will also have a TRICKY TRAY and 50/50 raffle so don’t forget to bring cash to win some wonderful prizes!
Snacks & Beverages are Welcome!
To Register online follow the link and you can pay by using Paypal, credit or debit card.
You may mail in your name, number of guests attending, and check payable and mail to:
The Art Cottage
3020 Route 207
Campbell Hall, NY 10916
SAVE THE DATE
Join us as we honor our World War II and Korean War Veterans for their courageous sacrifices on behalf of our country.
Featuring Guest Speaker:
Sergeant Rocky Sickmann of the US Marines
United States Marine Corps Sergeant and P.O.W., Iranian Hostage Crisis
$55 per person
$35 for Active Duty Military and Veterans
FREE for WWII Veterans & Korean War Veteran Alumni
(Prices at the door will be an additional $10.)
For Sponsorship and Journal Ad opportunities, click here.
To make a donation to the Hudson Valley Honor Flight Endowment Fund, click here.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This event is closed for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17