Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
Safe Harbors of the Hudson is a large scale, mixed-use, re-development project in the City of Newburgh, NY, with the mission of transforming lives and building community through housing and the arts. The Safe Harbors project includes the Cornerstone Residence, supportive housing for 128 of our neighbors; the Lobby at the Ritz, a 120 seat performing arts venue; the Ann Street Gallery, a contemporary visual arts venue; Safe Harbors Green, a half-acre urban park and anchor green space in Newburgh’s downtown; and the historic Ritz Theater, which Safe Harbors is restoring as a performing arts space for community creation, education, presentation and engagement.
To ensure their impactful work continues, Safe Harbors of the Hudson recently established an endowment fund within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This fund was established by the forward-thinking Board of Directors and the generous support of donors who have a strong commitment to and belief in Safe Harbors and its ability to affect positive change in the City of Newburgh. The endowment fund will create a vehicle for immediate and planned giving that will support Safe Harbors of the Hudson and provide for its long-term sustainability and growth. “As Executive Director of Safe Harbors of the Hudson, I am thrilled to be working with the Community Foundation to plan for the future sustainability of Safe Harbors of the Hudson. The board joins me in thanking the Foundation for serving our community and supporting impactful organizations like ours,” says Lisa Silverstone.
Contributions to the Safe Harbors Endowment Fund may be made to CFOS-Safe Harbors Endowment Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at http://cfosny.org/our-funds/agency-endowment/safe-harbors-of-the-hudson-endowment-fund/. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at (845) 769-9393.
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment
- Community Grants Available in Town of Rockland
- Community Foundation Concludes Record Year Welcomes New Board Chairman – Thanks Outgoing Chairman