SAVE THE DATE
Please join us for an enjoyable day of
collaboration and networking
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
8 am – 3 pm
Theme: Strategic Leadership
- Organizational Assessment Tools
- Marketing and Social Media
- Asking for Support: Turning Prospects into Friends
- Sustainability: Financial Investments and Operations
- Speakers from New York Council of Nonprofits, Inc. (NYCON)
- Awards Presentation of the 2013 Nonprofit Innovation Award!
For more information and/or sponsorship opportunities contact Amanda Langseder at Cornell Cooperative Extension Sullivan County
email@example.com or 845-292-6180
Sullivan County Nonprofit Innovation Award 2013
Nonprofit organizations that demonstrate innovation in the areas of collaboration, marketing, organizational operations and programs are eligible to apply for the first ever Sullivan County Nonprofit Innovation Award of $5000.
Three finalists will be selected to make presentations at the Nonprofit Leadership Summit on Wednesday, March 6 at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts. A panel of judges from outside Sullivan County will select the winner of the $5000 award. The two runners-up will each receive $500.
The purpose of the 2013 Nonprofit Innovation Award is to recognize and to honor local nonprofit organizations that innovate in ways that produce demonstrable results and benefit the community at large.
In order to be considered for the award, the initiative must increase the organization’s sustainability and its benefit to the community. The winning recipient will have taken an innovative approach to an existing challenge or met a new and emerging challenge. The award is meant to reward creative thinking, novel approaches, collaborative efforts and new partnerships.
To be eligible, an organization must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization or perform charitable work for a public purpose. Government organizations (defined as those with the power to tax) are not eligible.
- Be located in Sullivan County or provide services in the county or to county residents.
- The innovation must have been implemented no earlier than January 1, 2010
Applications are available online at http://www.sullivancce.org/ or by calling Cornell Cooperative Extension Sullivan County at 845-292-6180.
Applicants must demonstrate innovation in one or more of these four areas:
- 1. Collaboration: This addresses success in executing an innovative program with another organization(s) to accomplish a common goal, particularly one that reduces the duplication of services. The organization recognized for this step will be the one that sought out the resources and/or initiated the program.
- 2. Brand Identity/Unique Marketing Campaign: This addresses innovation in using a new marketing concept to attract financial support, volunteers and/or clients. This could include changing the name and/or direction of the organization in order to better serve its constituency. For this category, nominee must provide five copies of one marketing piece.
- 3. Organizational Operations: This addresses innovation in management principles that lead to a significant increase in an organization’s ability to benefit the community. This could include a new management plan to restructure an existing plan, an improvement in fund development, the implantation of a new process or procedure, or the implementation of technology. The innovation must enable the organization to achieve cost savings and better employee–to–client communication.
- 4. Programs: This addresses creation and implementation of a local program or event which increases the effectiveness of an organization’s ability to benefit the community, i.e., eliminating a bottle-neck in providing services to the community or meeting a new challenge faced by the county.
Application: 2013 Nonprofit Innovation Award and Form
Applications and supporting documentation must be submitted before the close of business on January 15, 2013 to: Wade Lawrence, Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Post Office Box 222, Liberty, New York 12754.
Award sponsors and judges will be announced at a later date.
For more information about the award, contact Wade Lawrence at 845-583-2075 or WLawrence@bethelwoodscenter.org.