Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
The Make A Difference Fund was established by the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan to provide grants to local organizations that provide services and programs to children of low-income, disadvantaged or distressed families. In 2018, grants were awarded to programs focused in the area of science and technology. Each summer, the Distribution committee, comprised of the Foundation’s Board Members and community volunteers, reviews a high volume of applications to determine which organizations will receive grants in Orange and Sullivan counties.
The Board of Directors was proud to announce the 2018 grant recipients at this year’s Annual Reception on November 14. Representatives from each organization attended the event and joined the Foundation’s leadership for a grant Presentation. Newburgh Armory Unity Center, Inc., an organization focusing on providing academic enrichment, civic engagement, and athletic and wellness opportunities to the children and families of the City of Newburgh and Newburgh Enlarged City School District, was awarded a grant of $2,000.00 to assist with funding for The Literacy, Science, Technology and Strategic (LiSTS) Skills Enhancement Project. This project is an initiative opportunity within their existing Saturday Morning Enrichment Program that aims to provide high-quality STEM
and early childhood literacy programs for elementary school aged children. Hudson Valley Seed, Inc., an organization that focuses on educating children in school gardens, empowering students through curriculum-integrated lessons focused on healthy eating, food literacy, outdoor learning and academic success, was awarded a grant of $1,500.00 to assist with funding for garden learning at four Newburgh elementary schools. Time and the Valleys Museum was awarded a grant of $2,000.00 to assist with funding for two educational field trip programs for students from schools with a high number of economically disadvantaged students in Sullivan County. Sullivan County Head Start, Inc. received a grant of $1,500.00 to assist with funding for the creation of portable science stations for children ages 3 to 5 years old.
Contributions to The Make A Difference Fund may be made to CFOS-Make A Difference Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Secure online donations can be made here. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws. For more information, call the Community Foundation at 845.769.9393.
2nd Annual Dustin James Memorial Golf Outing
Registration & Lunch – 11:00 AM
Shotgun Start: 12:00 PM
Cocktail Hour: 5:30 PM
Awards Dinner: 6:30 PM
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here for package details.
Use the button below to purchase Dinner Tickets:
Join us for our cocktail party fundraiser in the newly renovated space at the Stagecoach Inn. The restaurant will be closed to the public during this event to allow for dancing, drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
Early bird ticket pricing:
$110 Single Ticket
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- 20th Annual Willie Carter/Tuskegee Airmen Memorial Golf Classic & Helicopter Ball Drop Will Support Scholarships & Endowment