Fund for Women and Children
The newly created Fund for Women and Children is a unique philanthropic effort designed to identify and address pressing issues impacting some of the most vulnerable members of our community. Through targeted and specific funding, the goal of this initiative is for nonprofits in the region to elevate their programming to empower the women and children of Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties.
The Fund for Women and Children is being launched with initial support from the Rowley Family Foundation, in partnership with the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This strategy is designed to be as efficient and effective as possible in targeting resources and solutions that are making a difference in helping women and children thrive and reach their potential by offering help, hope and lasting change that improves lives and strengthens communities.
Click here to download the 2018 Women and Children Report for information regarding statistics related to the region.
In 2019, the Advisory Committee will consider grants from $15,000-$50,000, with committee discretion based on quality and quantity of applicants in the inaugural year.
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.
- Town of Montgomery Community Response Team and Cultivate Montgomery partner to support local seniors and families during coronavirus outbreak
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan launches Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund with $185 thousand commitment from initial funders
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2020 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces $13,500 in Grants Available Through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan