Fund for Women and Children
The newly created Fund for Women and Children is a unique philanthropic effort designed to identify and address pressing issues impacting some of the most vulnerable members of our community. Through targeted and specific funding, the goal of this initiative is for nonprofits in the region to elevate their programming to empower the women and children of Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties.
The Fund for Women and Children is being launched with initial support from the Rowley Family Foundation, in partnership with the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. This strategy is designed to be as efficient and effective as possible in targeting resources and solutions that are making a difference in helping women and children thrive and reach their potential by offering help, hope and lasting change that improves lives and strengthens communities.
Click here to download the 2018 Women and Children Report for information regarding statistics related to the region.
In 2019, the Advisory Committee will consider grants from $15,000-$50,000, with committee discretion based on quality and quantity of applicants in the inaugural year.
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides 134 Nonprofits With a Virtual Fundraising Day
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund surpasses $520,000 raised
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides Online Funding Opportunity in a Time of Social Distancing
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.