Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
It has been another year of tremendous growth at the Community Foundation as we continue to partner with groups and individuals from throughout the region to achieve their charitable goals. This year’s Annual Report is filled with stories of hope for our future – including information on the 44 new funds established at CFOS in 2017/2018 along with details on the $1.5 million in grants and scholarships distributed.
They say charity begins at home and there is no better example of that than the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Many of the funds we steward were initially developed in someone’s living room or dining room, all with the goal to better our community-at-large. Americans are the most philanthropic people on earth – a fact which may surprise some – but we like to think we are that way because we are so blessed.
Tax deductions may impact your decision-making, but we hope you will continue to give to causes that matter to you, regardless of the financial incentive. The Community Foundation exists solely to nurture and support those causes that matter. The Board and staff of the Community Foundation do not take this responsibility lightly and we are very serious in our endeavors to help execute the charitable intent of our fund constituents.
Your support throughout the year helps to ensure that we can continue the work of, for and by the causes that matter and reflect the good they do throughout our communities. Please consider making a donation to a named fund at CFOS, our own Make A Difference Fund, or directly to the Foundation for operating support. Thank you for your belief in our mission and all you do to support our community – now and forever!
President & CEO
P.S. – If you wish to make a contribution of appreciated stock, please call our office for transfer instructions.
Gather Round The Table for a Good Meal with Good Company…
Join us as we celebrate A Single Bite, a nonprofit organization with a mission to empower young people to care about the food they eat and where it comes from. Real food, healthy choices.
Saturday, November 23, 2019
6:00 PM Reception
6:45 PM Dinner
Inspired and executed by DeBruce Executive Chef, Aksel Theilkuhl
Purchase tickets below:
Hosted by Foster Supply Hospitality.
A Single Bite’s mailing address is:
PO Box 595
Youngsville, NY 12791
- 20K in Grants Will Mark Community Foundation’s 20th Anniversary Celebration & Annual Reception
- Community Foundation Offers Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Area Students – Applications Are Now Online
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces up to $13,000 in Grants Available in 2019
- Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Recipients for 2018
- Museum Village Establishes Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Golf Outing Planned to Benefit Veterans with PTSD
- Forever Foundation Established within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Pets Alive Establishes Endowment Fund within Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan