Year End Giving – a note from CFOS President Elizabeth Rowley
It has been another year of tremendous growth at the Community Foundation as we continue to partner with groups and individuals from throughout the region to achieve their charitable goals. This year’s Annual Report is filled with stories of hope for our future – including information on the 44 new funds established at CFOS in 2017/2018 along with details on the $1.5 million in grants and scholarships distributed.
They say charity begins at home and there is no better example of that than the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. Many of the funds we steward were initially developed in someone’s living room or dining room, all with the goal to better our community-at-large. Americans are the most philanthropic people on earth – a fact which may surprise some – but we like to think we are that way because we are so blessed.
Tax deductions may impact your decision-making, but we hope you will continue to give to causes that matter to you, regardless of the financial incentive. The Community Foundation exists solely to nurture and support those causes that matter. The Board and staff of the Community Foundation do not take this responsibility lightly and we are very serious in our endeavors to help execute the charitable intent of our fund constituents.
Your support throughout the year helps to ensure that we can continue the work of, for and by the causes that matter and reflect the good they do throughout our communities. Please consider making a donation to a named fund at CFOS, our own Make A Difference Fund, or directly to the Foundation for operating support. Thank you for your belief in our mission and all you do to support our community – now and forever!
President & CEO
P.S. – If you wish to make a contribution of appreciated stock, please call our office for transfer instructions.
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.
- Town of Montgomery Community Response Team and Cultivate Montgomery partner to support local seniors and families during coronavirus outbreak
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan launches Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund with $185 thousand commitment from initial funders
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2020 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces $13,500 in Grants Available Through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan