Created by the forward-thinking boards of each agency represented below, agency endowment funds are established to create a vehicle for immediate and planned gifts that will support their programs, operations and provide for their long-term sustainability. Gifts of cash, bequests, real estate, securities, life insurance, retirement assets, and tangible assets to these funds are encouraged and welcomed by the agencies listed below.
- Access: Supports for Living Foundation, Inc. Fund
- Allegro Orchestra Fund
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County Fund
- Bill Devitt’s Dream For Inspire
- Chester Historical Society Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Operating Fund
- Congregation Agudas Achim Endowment Fund
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Orange County
- Cornerstone Family Healthcare Endowment Fund
- Crystal Run Village Foundation Endowment Fund
- Dispute Resolution Center Fund
- Firefighters Burn Fund (Firefighters Burn Treatment Fund Inc. of Orange Ulster and Sullivan)
- Friends of Hill Hold Museum Fund
- Great Futures Fund
- Greater Newburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Historical Society of Newburgh Bay and The Highlands Endowment Fund
- HONOR Endowment Fund
- Hudson Highlands Nature Museum Endowment Fund
- Independent Living, Inc. Fund
- Jewish Family Service – Diane Finkelstein Families in Crisis Fund
- Leadership Orange Endowment Fund
- Neversink Valley Area Museum- Charles Van I Cuddeback Fund
- Neversink Valley Area Museum- Leonard Weissman Education Fund
- Newburgh Chamber Music Endowment Fund
- Newburgh Young Men’s Christian Association Fund-YMCA of Dutchess & Eastern Orange Fund
- Nora Cronin Presentation Academy Endowment Fund
- Orange County Arts Council Endowment Fund
- Orange County Firefighters Museum Fund
- Orange County Land Trust Endowment Fund
- Orange County United Way Endowment Fund In Memory of Marion S. Murphy
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Endowment Fund
- Safe Homes of Orange County, Inc. Endowment Fund
- Southwinds Eleanor T. Snow Heritage Club Endowment Fund
- Temple Sinai Endowment Fund
- The Record’s People for People Fund
- Time and the Valleys Museum Terry Forshay Endowment Fund
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine Middletown Endowment Fund
- Wallkill River School Endowment Fund
- Wallkill Valley Health Coalition Corp.
- YWCA of Orange County Endowment Fund
- Zylofone Foundation: Performing Arts for Special Needs
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Board Members ONLY.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Distribution Committee Members ONLY.
Join CD Trips for a trip to Metlife Stadium on Sunday, October 15th when the New York Jets take on their eastern division rivals and 2017 Super Bowl Champions New England Patriots. Included is an awesome pre-game tailgate party with great food hosted/prepared by Erin and Allan Lipsky, CD Trips snack pack & escort, onboard movie, bus driver gratuity & loads of fun. This trip will benefit the Child Care Council of Orange County & Friends of the Orange County Youth Bureau Fund at The Community Foundation of Orange & Sullivan.
R/T transportation on Rolling V Motor Coach
Ticket to the Game
CD Trips Tailgate Party prepared by Erin and Allan Lipsky – Menu Below
CD Trips Snack Pack
Optional Last Licks Boxed Lunch (Add $12 pp)
CD Trips Onboard Escort
Bus Driver Gratuity
Fun! Fun! Fun!
Tailgate Menu: BBQ Chicken Wings, Buffalo Chicken Wings, Erin’s Famous Chili, Chicken Jumbalaya, Hot Dog station with condiments, Pasta Salad and/or Mac & Cheese, Corn Bread, Water/Soda and MORE! *Menu is subject to change.
Tailgate is being hosted/prepared by Erin and Allan Lipsky
7:30 AM Departure from Liberty – Darbee Lane Municipal Lot
7:50 AM Pickup in Monticello – Thompson Square Mall Route 42
8:00 AM Pickup in Rock Hill – Farmer’s Market Parking Lot Exit 109
8:15 AM Pickup at Wurtsboro Park and Ride Exit 113 off I-86/SR 17
8:30 AM Pickup at Circleville Park and Ride Exit 119 off I-86/SR 17
8:50 AM Pickup at Monroe Park and Ride Exit 129 off I-86/SR 17
10:00 AM Arrive Metlife Stadium
Enjoy CD Trips Tailgate Party prepared by Erin and Allan Lipsky – Woohoo!
1:00 PM KICKOFF – New York Jets vs New England Patriots
4:30 PM Depart Metlife Stadium (or 1/2 hour after game ends)
6:15 PM Dropoff in Monroe
6:35 PM Dropoff in Circleville
6:55 PM Dropoff in Wurtsboro
7:10 PM Dropoff in Rock Hill
7:20 PM Dropoff in Monticello
7:30 PM Return to Liberty
+ Itinerary subject to change based on end time of game & traffic
About the Friends of the Orange County Youth Bureau Fund: The fund was created to enhance existing and/or provide additional services that are not currently in the Youth Bureau’s operating budget. This fund will be utilized for special projects (i.e. youth scholarships, skill building opportunities for children, youth, young adults, and families). Orange County Youth Bureau’s Mission: To promote positive youth development through County-wide integrated planning, funding, monitoring, coordinating and developing youth and family services programs for Orange County youth ages 0-21. Promoting Positive Youth Development since. 1978! Donations are fully tax-deductible charitable contributions and should be made payable to CFOS-Friends of the Orange County Youth Bureau Fund.
About the Child Care Council of Orange County: Organized as a Non-Profit Corporation in 1971. The Council was organized to coordinate, assist and promote day care services in Orange County. Original funding came from RECAP (Regional Economic Community Action Program) and services were referrals to parents and training of child care center staff. In l978 reduced funding to RECAP caused us to lose their funding. Via a group of center directors, they tried working with parents needing child care and to hold trainings at each other’s site to maintain staff development for about five years. Through the 1980’s they accessed funding of discretionary funds from one of our Assemblywomen and hired a director to continue parent referrals, were a resource for Work Family Directions parent referrals, became a sponsor of CACFP (Child Adult Care Food Program) and hired another staff person. About then the County started to certify Family Day Care Providers and they were given funding to train providers. With the 1990’s they became stronger, hired additional staff and were awarded the CCR&R (Child Care Resource and Referral) contract from NYS DSS (Department of Social Services) and in about 1994 were given the Registrar contract by Orange County. Today they continue all of the above services under contracts from NYS OCFS (Office of Children and Family Services – www.ocfs.state.ny.org) , USDA NYS DOH CACFP (United States Department of Agriculture, Department of Health – www.fns.usda.gov), Orange County DSS (Department of Social Services), and Professional Development Program (http://www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu/). They charge minimal fees for enhanced training, work with providers on CDA (Child Development Associate credential – www.cdacouncil.org) and SACC (Afterschool Works NY credential –www.afterschoolwksny.org), and for program accreditation (refer to child care professionals on our website).
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
Join the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan for a FREE SEMINAR with speakers Susan Diamond, MSW Agent, New York Life Insurance Company, Bonnie Orr, CPA, Judelson, Giordano & Siegel, CPA, P.C. and Richard Shapiro, Esq., Blustein, Shapiro, Rich & Barone, LLP to bring together donors and prospects and educate them on how to be a philanthropist, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder, and help build the capacity for engaged philanthropy – so that they can achieve their philanthropic ambitions for themselves, their families and their communities.
In this seminar we will cover:
- wealth transfer
- heir preparedness and philanthropic planning
- philanthropic tax strategies,
- differences among charitable vehicles
- how to activate a strategic giving plan
- look at charity as a way to transfer wealth, Benefits of donating long-term appreciated assets or complex assets
- help identify and meet their long term goals, how to articulate charitable goals and implement effective gifts.
Light refreshments will be served.
To reserve your spot at this seminar, please email Sarah Pruschki at email@example.com
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17
- Ambitious Students Become Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representatives to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Board Member William J. Bratton, Jr. with Karen Minogue Award
- Zylofone Performing Arts Center for Special Needs Establishes Agency Endowment Fund
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Announces Available Grants