Congregation Agudas Achim Endowment Fund
In an effort to establish a permanent legacy of support for our congregation, the board of directors has created the Congregation Agudas Achim Endowment Fund under the umbrella of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan County (CFOS). The goal of the board is to have a permanent, self-sustaining source of funding where the assets are invested. Each year, a portion of the value of the fund may be paid out to support the congregation and any earnings in excess of this distribution will be used to build the fund’s market value. This will allow the fund to grow and support the congregation in perpetuity. The board of directors has set aside $5000 to CFOS to establish the fund with the commitment of raising $5000/year in donation with the goal of growing the fund to $25,000 within 5 years.
Contributions are encouraged and welcomed from not only congregants, but anyone who may want to make a donation to the congregation. All donations to the fund are tax deductible as it has been established as a 501.c.3 not for profit fund. We would like to encourage you to make a donation to the fund as you consider your end of the year donations or during the Annual Day of Giving in May. Contributing to the CFOS – Congregation Agudas Achim Endowment Fund is invaluable to the strength, quality and success of our temple today and insures our future.
Donations may be made online by clicking the button below or by check made out to:
CFOS – Congregation Agudas Achim Endowment Fund
Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 203
Montgomery, NY 12549
ABOUT CONGREGATION AGUDAS ACHIM
Congregation Agudas Achim is a Reform congregation with a traditional soul located in the beautiful Catskill Mountains of New York. Agudas Achim means “gathering of brothers and sisters”. It was named over 100 years ago and still applies.
Our members are diverse in their approaches to Judaism and geographic location
Our hope is to facilitate the spiritual and intellectual growth of our members. Rabbi Pomerantz challenges us by gaining new insights into ourselves and our faith. Our Cantorial team of Sherree Kane-Graber, Ira and Julia Levin inspire us with their amazing musical talents.
Agudas Achim provides all the essentials of a Jewish community. You will discover this by exploring the contents of our website. We are especially proud of the high quality learning experience we are able to provide our children because of our excellent and loving teachers. We conduct monthly Shabbat services on the first or second Friday. Special programming to enrich our community are conducted periodically. Please view our calendar for the dates of our specific events.
Our door is open wide to interfaith families and those who are searching regardless of background or belief. You are invited to visit our historic synagogue and experience our growing, friendly community.
Congregation Agudas Achim Congregation Agudas Achim Board of Directors LEARN MORE
Congregation Agudas Achim Spiritual Leadership LEARN MORE
Message from Congregation Agudas Achim President LEARN MORE
- 2018 Make A Difference Grant Applications Now Available
- Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Grant Applications are Now Available!
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Sullivan County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make A Difference Fund Announces Orange County Grant Recipients for 2017
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties