Keep it Moving
Keep It Moving has the mission to provide young people with the opportunity to engage in healthy, life affirming activities. Keep It Moving fills the gap for young people with the desire to engage in a sport, music or academic endeavor but do not have the financial means to do so. Keep It Moving is dedicated to having Narcan, the life saving drug that reverses opioid overdose in every purse, backpack and first aid kit. Keep It Moving provides On the Spot Narcan training for the communityw hen and where it is needed – on the street, in a religious organization, living room or parking lot. Keep It Moving was started after our son, Zane Mandel Michalak a 22 year old Siena College Social Work graduate, overdosed on fentanyl only thirteen weeks after graduation. Zane’s playful, bright, endearing, compassionate spirit lives on in the work we are doing in Keep It Moving and in every life that is saved. Our ultimate goal is that NOT ONE MORE person is lost in the opioid epidemic.
There are no upcoming events.
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2021 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- With Cases on the Rise, the Community Foundation Recommits to COVID-19 Response Fund
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Awards $10,000 in Make a Difference grants to two local organizations
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Ranks Among Fastest Growing in the Nation
- Metric Century Bike Ride Raises $23,000 to Fight Children’s Hunger