Al Romm Interdisciplinary Journalism Scholarship Fund
This scholarship was established in memory of Mr. Avrom N. “Al” Romm, an uncompromising journalist who was the first editor of the Times Herald-Record and later Vice President of News for Ottaway Newspapers, Inc., the Times Herald-Record’s parent company.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, the student must:
- Be a graduating senior from any high school in Orange County
- Pursue a career in journalism
- Graduate high school with a 3.5 Grade Point Average
- Achieve a “B” or better average in higher level math classes
- Speak one other language, besides English, fluently
- Enroll at an accredited university that offers a journalism degree
- Have been involved with the high school newspaper or yearbook, or have a published journalistic byline/article in a printed publication
- Make every attempt to attend the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Annual Scholarship Reception in June to meet a member of the Romm family, in whose name this scholarship was established
- Enroll in interdisciplinary college classes to obtain basic knowledge of history, statistics and political science.
There are no upcoming events.
- CFOS Awards More than $400,000 in Scholarships
- CFOS Closes Successful Fiscal Year of Giving and Announces Michael Bonura as New Chairman of Board of Directors
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Grants are Available Through CFOS
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Addressing Escalating Needs
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day