Christine Thomas Memorial Foundation
Family members of the late Christine Verheyleweghen Thomas have recently established a scholarship foundation at the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, ensuring that her legacy is carried on forever.
The Christine Thomas Memorial Foundation, celebrates her life and supports her zeal for helping “OTHERS.” Each year, a scholarship will be distributed to a graduating Minisink Valley High School senior who plans to continue their education in the fields of psychology, social work, counseling and other social service programs. Eligible candidates should demonstrate several of the same traits Christine had, such as academic achievement, confidence, determination, and integrity. Above all, recipients should consistently display exceptional kindness and caring for community and serving “OTHERS.”
Christine spent nineteen years as a school counselor for both the Minisink Valley and Port Jervis school districts. She was a tireless advocate for those in need, which was made evident by the countless students who maintained contact long after they parted ways professionally. This fund, established in her honor, will forever memorialize Christine for her lifetime of love and helping “OTHERS.”
There are no upcoming events.
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2021 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- With Cases on the Rise, the Community Foundation Recommits to COVID-19 Response Fund
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Awards $10,000 in Make a Difference grants to two local organizations
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Ranks Among Fastest Growing in the Nation
- Metric Century Bike Ride Raises $23,000 to Fight Children’s Hunger