Edward F.X. Hughes Scholarship Fund
This scholarship, established in memory of Dr. Edward F.X. Hughes, will be awarded to a graduating senior from James I. O’Neill High School in Highland Falls, NY. Dr. Hughes was the principal of James I. O’Neill High School from 1975 to 1982. He was known for his sense of humor, his love for the students, and his ability to bring together the members of the three disparate communities feeding into his school: Highland Falls, West Point, and Garrison.
The ideal candidate for this scholarship will be a late bloomer who has shown gradual improvement throughout high school but has not yet reached his or her full potential. He or she may have struggled with a physical limitation or a learning disability that got in the way of achievement. Evidence of a sense of humor and a positive attitude is a plus. Dr. Hughes took special delight in encouraging the potential in these students, as he was one himself as a boy.
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides 134 Nonprofits With a Virtual Fundraising Day
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund surpasses $520,000 raised
- Hudson Valley Gives Provides Online Funding Opportunity in a Time of Social Distancing
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund distributes nearly $62 thousand to local nonprofits providing front-line services to the counties’ most vulnerable populations.