The David Racine Scholarship Fund
Created following David Racine’s tragic death on December 27, 2011 as the result of a brain aneurysm. At 25 years old, David was the only child of Patti and Tracy Racine. Racine was an avid outdoors-man, fisherman and had a passion for life, especially for football and Burke Catholic High School. In 2002, when Burke Catholic High School started its first-ever- football team, David was a member of that team. The team’s motto was “Family, Faith and Football.” His love of football and his big heart inspired the Racines to establish The David Racine Scholarship Fund as a lasting way to honor David and to keep his memory alive and vibrant. Through this Fund, scholarships will be awarded annually to a graduating student of Burke Catholic High School who plays on the football team, is a leader, team player, and possesses the same characteristics and passion that David exhibited for family, faith, football, and Burke Catholic High School.
There are no upcoming events.
- $420 thousand in Scholarships Available for Class of 2021 through Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
- With Cases on the Rise, the Community Foundation Recommits to COVID-19 Response Fund
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Awards $10,000 in Make a Difference grants to two local organizations
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Ranks Among Fastest Growing in the Nation
- Metric Century Bike Ride Raises $23,000 to Fight Children’s Hunger