The Sheila Birkett Gift of Life Scholarship Fund
This fund was created within the Community Foundation to award scholarships to graduating seniors of the Eldred Central School District who plan to continue their education in a medical field. This fund was established in honor of Sheila Birkett, who donated her kidney to Joshua Glantz, a Social Studies teacher at Eldred High School. “In my recent medical distress, I met many excellent and caring medical professionals. I would like to honor Shelia’s gift, a gift that has allowed me to keep teaching and working with students, by helping our children pursue a medical career to assist others” says fund representative Joshua Glantz.
There are no upcoming events.
- CFOS Awards More than $400,000 in Scholarships
- CFOS Closes Successful Fiscal Year of Giving and Announces Michael Bonura as New Chairman of Board of Directors
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Grants are Available Through CFOS
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Addressing Escalating Needs
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day