The Edward R. and J. Roscoe Crist Memorial Scholarship Fund
Ancestors of Sarah Wells, the Crist Family first came to Berea Road in Walden to farm in 1883. Third generation brothers, Edward and Roscoe began working on the farm with their father, James Day Crist and Building the apple orchard and packing facility into a strong wholesale supplier of apples under the name of Crist Bros. Orchards. This scholarship is in memory of their life long efforts to cultivate sustainable agriculture, supply food to people of the world along with their dedication to family and service to community. Each year, at least one high school student attending Valley Central High School and pursuing a career in the field of agriculture will be awarded this scholarship to help support their higher education.
There are no upcoming events.
- CFOS Awards More than $400,000 in Scholarships
- CFOS Closes Successful Fiscal Year of Giving and Announces Michael Bonura as New Chairman of Board of Directors
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Grants are Available Through CFOS
- Orange and Sullivan COVID-19 Response Fund Addressing Escalating Needs
- Hudson Valley Gives Raises Half a Million Dollars for 145 Local Nonprofits with Virtual Fundraising Day