Alison Klepper Memorial Fund
Created by Fred and Mary Ann Klepper as a way to honor and celebrate their daughter Alison. In 2003, at just 23 years old, Alison was killed in an accident caused by a drunk driver. Alison was a talented artist and photographer as well as an accomplished skier, snowboarder, surfer and horsewoman. During her summer breaks from Warwick High School and Alfred University, she worked as a wrangler and trail guide on Montauk Long Island, New York. Alison also raised two seeing eye dogs. Alison faced adversity, namely bi-polar disorder, but she never gave up and always looked forward to her next challenge. Alison’s greatest talent was helping others in distress, both people and animals. This fund awards a scholarship at Warwick Valley High School to a graduating senior and to an Orange-Ulster BOCES student who plans to pursue higher education and major in photography, equine studies, graphic arts or media arts. To apply for the Warwick scholarship, see your Guidance Counselor or click here to download an application. To apply for the BOCES scholarship click here. All applications are to be returned to your Guidance Department unless otherwise stated.
SAVE THE DATE
Join us as we honor our World War II and Korean War Veterans for their courageous sacrifices on behalf of our country.
Featuring Guest Speaker:
Sergeant Rocky Sickmann of the US Marines
United States Marine Corps Sergeant and P.O.W., Iranian Hostage Crisis
$55 per person
$35 for Active Duty Military and Veterans
FREE for WWII Veterans & Korean War Veteran Alumni
(Prices at the door will be an additional $10.)
For Sponsorship and Journal Ad opportunities, click here.
To make a donation to the Hudson Valley Honor Flight Endowment Fund, click here.
This is a closed event for CFOS Staff and Finance Committee Members ONLY.
This event is closed for CFOS Staff and Executive Committee Members ONLY.
- Community Foundation Celebrates Successful Annual Reception Honoring Local Couples
- Grants Available for Organizations Serving Youth in Town of Rockland
- Anthony & Nancy Kane and Tom & Janet Sullivan to be Honored by Community Foundation Awards to be Bestowed During November 15 Annual Reception
- Memorial Fund for Late Minisink Valley Counselor Established Within Community Foundation
- Ambitious Student Becomes Community Foundation’s Youngest Fund Representative to Date
- Community Foundation Awards Over $400,000 in Scholarships to Students in Orange and Sullivan Counties
- Safe Harbors of the Hudson Establishes Endowment Fund Within the Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announce Hudson Valley Animal Shelter Fund Grant Recipients
- Financial Assistance Available for Teens in Need
- Over a Hundred Local Nonprofits Registered for “Hudson Valley Gives” Second Annual Regional Day of Online Giving Scheduled for May 17